Part 4

(April 2018)

CLIII. - Emily : These phone calls really stress me out. I'm dealing with a lot and this guilt isn't making it easier. I'm going to take a break from WhatsApp until I finish counselling.

I told you that could be our last phone call and I was right, I don't think she's going to install WhatsApp anymore so I'm proud of what I did yesterday. I guess this weird adventure is over. Now I'd like to know what happened, I'll wait for Bonnie's answer when she ask Emily's friends or probably I'll ask her friend Julia in private at least to know Emily's mood and stamina.

Events happen very fast so now that I stop and reflect I realize that some things fit. For example, now I understand why she asked me at first about my purpose of going there, or why she tried to postpone my arrival, why she was so succinct lastly, or when she said that I wouldn't have as much fun as she thought I wanted to have, and for that reason she didn't want to disappoint me. As you know, it wasn't my intention.

CLIV. It may fix but it's weird. I asked yesterday to Bonnie for any possible new. She says that her Canadian friends say everything's normal and running out smoothly, supposedly nothing happens. Emily is far away from home so probably they know nothing about her. So three possibilities, Emily lies, Emily's friends' lie or Bonnie is lying. I believe it's Emily but I understand her. Now I feel bad because Bonnie is asking me about my conversation with Emily and I'm lying constantly just saying I know nothing about her, it's for her own good.

Interesting new, my parents sent already a message to Emily's family. And yes, I had to investigate by myself because they told me nothing about it. Do you want to know why? Because they mistrust me. They think I can manipulate the message when I translate it, so my sister did it for me. Which are the reasons they have to don't believe in me, am I so naughty?

(1st April 2018)

Hello we are Stan's parents.

We inform you that finally Stan will not go to Canada this summer as it was planned. On Wednesday the 21st and Thursday the 22nd we talked to Emily and agreed that he would go on the 24th July and would return on the 23rd August, so that day we finally bought the plane tickets. Stan sent Emily a picture of the tickets in order to let her know the arrival time.

The surprise was that the next day (Friday 23rd) Emily phoned him and saying that she could only host him during two weeks, so Stan told her that if she was too busy or overwhelmed he wouldn't go. Emily said that she preferred not to host him this year.

We do not understand Emily's attitude change from one day to the next (from Thursday to Friday). We would like to at least find an explanation, since we have lost 1200€ and we can't have them back.

Thank you,

Kind regards.

Obviously my parents are angry since they have lost the money and at least they want to inform them and look for an explanation. I don't think they will find it, I'm sure Emily's parents know nothing about it.

CLV. Emily is relatively active in social networks. Now that took a rest from WhatsApp I browsed through other networks and found out that she is taking a rest everywhere. She uninstalled every social network. We can say she's not having fun.

***

- Dad: Stan. We have sent an email to Emily's family saying you are not going.

- Me: Ok.

- Dad: Your sister told us something.

- Me: (No please don't)

- Dad: She said that Emily told you she couldn't host you because she was raped.