Part 1

(February 2017)

I.  Another tough day in high school is waiting for me and I don’t really feel like I really want to go and today it’s the beginning of the second month of this brand new 2017. I’m Stan and I have always been that kind of guy who spend his spare time into sports, friends, even fixing those magic cubes and who never give a thing for girls. Sometimes I use my cubes in order to express the way I feel, in other words, if you find my cubes mixed means I’m not in a good mood and the other way around. I love to spend the whole evening with my friends just telling each other stupid jokes, tacky puns and playing the fool with each other in order to look as most stupid as possible. I like the area where I live although there’s no beach and it’s a little seedy, but it’s a small, cosy and complete.

Wait… My friends are already waiting me downstairs so it means I am late once again for school.

I’m tired of the high school’s routine and monotony day by day which makes me feel like I can’t get out of this slump. I already got used to walk with my head down and depressing expression in my face all day long.

At least today we did something slightly different than usual. When I got into the french lesson, I realized that the teacher was talking to a white and red thing with glasses and I didn’t know what was it. The thing is that last term a friend of mine did an exchange with someone who is from Canada and now she’s coming and she’s going to be with us during the french and english lessons for three months. So she is kind of language assistant now.

At first I was waiting for another seedy powerpoint presentation with a shy attitude. But it actually was impressive for the way she explained herself and the energy she shed while talking to show the place she belongs to. I don’t really remember anything else about it because I was more dead than alive and during the second period I was still waking up.

There’s no need to explain the rest of the day, there’s nothing new. I’m still in this dump surrounded by exams, work and stress.

II. I was brushing my teeth when the doorbell rang and guess what… Yes, I’m late once again. I rush while my friends review for the last time the math test we are going to fail afterwards at third period.

The break arrived and now we only have thirty minutes to eat chill lunch and laugh, and so we went to the closest supermarket to get something. So many people look familiar to me there because half of the school is inside, good friends, old friends and fool… well, and others. We were at the queue and someone who looked very happy started talking to me in basic spanish, I didn’t get a word so I smiled and said yes. I’m not sure if that fitted with what she whispered, it was the language assistant, can’t remember the name now.

Oh my… we have to go back again, we have spanish literature and the teacher locks the door when the bell rings, don’t matter if we are outside. There are different kind of teachers here and this is one. Anyways, rush is usual in this country.

III. We are reaching march and I’m starting to realize something weird in my personal atmosphere. I passed a couple exams, and that’s weird. Besides that everything looks casual. Today we did an interesting activity during english lesson, we were comparing different facts among Spain and Canada I had to explain… Emily, yes it’s Emily, about our driving license. I think she said that in Canada you can get the license being 15! Definitely I have an anatomic problem with my body, why do I become so nervous, red and fidgety when I talk in front of my own mates?

IV. A new day started, sky’s gray, rain coming and my cubes are mixed.

English again and while we are waiting for Mr Clarence to come, I look up and I see Emily in front of me depressed as well and so I decide to tell her something in simple spanish: