Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Bruce's POV

Time Skip... A Couple Months Later...

 It's been a couple of months since Liz got released from the hospital. She has been attending her physical therapy sessions three times a week still as promised. Brock has even grown on me a bit. After he stopped flirting with Liz, I realized that he isn't as much of an asshole as I had originally thought him out to be. I even him told me that directly to his face and he laughed. He said he gets it a lot. Well, at least the guy is honest and knows how to admit his faults. Very few people nowadays can come to grips with their faults so good for him. 

    I don't know how much longer Liz has to attend her sessions, I'm guessing for at least a few more months though. She's doing better but still has a ways to go. Liz and I are currently at one of her sessions right now. She's doing some more intense exercises, one of which includes walking across a giant bar like a trapeze artist does a tightrope. I'm a bit nervous for this one but Brock monitors her very close and promises to catch her if need be. Step by step though, she manages to get her way across it without needing Brock's help. Brock and I are both in awe. 

    Brock beams at Liz. "Well Elizabeth, I have some good news for you. That was the final test in determining whether or not you'd walk again on your own without any assistance. You passed with flying colors. You don't need my help anymore. You've come so far and I'm very proud of you. I know Bruce here is too. I just need to ask you to fill out some paperwork for me before you live, in which I'll be sending over to your doctor." Liz and I beam at each other. I grab a hold of her hand and lead her over to Brock's desk. He reviews everything with her in full detail before she goes about filling it out. 

    The paperwork process takes a half an hour. Brock and I chat for a few minutes while Liz uses the bathroom before we leave. The two of us end up exchanging numbers. He then tells me that anytime Liz or I need him, don't hesitate to reach out to him. Liz is such a people magnet. I thank him again for everything as does Liz when she comes out of the bathroom. I can tell she's exhausted so I take her home and put her to bed for awhile. I meanwhile make us an early supper for later, which is buffalo mac and cheese. After that, I tinker around in the lab for awhile.  

    Tony and Thor end up dropping by and keep me company. They watch me run a few tests, Tony takes down a few notes, and Thor shows off his brute strength in the process as per usual. It's just another day in the office for us Avengers. I also tell them all about Liz's progress and how she no longer needs to go to physical therapy sessions with Brock. They're so happier for her but like me, they're shocked that Brock gave me his phone number. I know he mainly did it on Liz's behalf but it's still surprising nonetheless. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary