Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Elizabeth's POV

 This party is amazing but I needed a bit of space for a few minutes so I slipped out when no one was looking and am standing on the balcony, overlooking the city that never sleeps. The view from up here is breathtaking. Who knew you could literally see the entire city from Stark Tower? I hope Bruce didn't think I ditched him. Knowing him, he'll need some space eventually and will come find me.

A few minutes later...

   I feel a strong pair of arms wrap themselves around my waist and a head on my shoulder. I smile to myself knowing that Bruce is here with me. "Hey Bruce. I knew you'd find me sooner or later. I just needed a bit of space and fresh air. I really am enjoying myself though." He kisses me on the cheek. "So am I love and I'm glad you're having a good time. Let me tell you, everyone loves you. Seriously, I've never seen a non Avenger be welcomed into the group as quickly as you. You're special and I'm so glad they can see that too." 

    Tears of joy well up in my eyes. I grin up at Bruce and kiss him passionately. He kisses me back and we have our most romantic kiss yet. Seriously, the only way this kiss could get more romantic is if we were doing it in the rain, but I don't want to rain. That would ruin my nice dress. Very seldom do I get to look fancy. 

     Bruce and I stay out on the balcony and a little while later it begins to rain. I chuckle to myself. He smirks at me and raises an eyebrow. "Don't mind me Bruce, I just had a feeling it was going to rain and now it's raining." His face lights up. "I have an idea. Please don't make fun of me for this. Also, please don't record me doing this. This is one time only thing just for you." I look at him curiously but move out of his way so he can do whatever it is he's going to do. 

     He runs inside for a moment to find the nearest hat, which happens to be one of Steve's fedoras. I giggle to myself, guess he won't be needing that for now. Bruce then comes back out with the fedora on his head and phone in hand. He types something into Youtube and music plays a moment later. I burst into laughter at the irony of it all. Of course Bruce decided to put on Singing In The Rain by Gene Kelly. I watch him recreate that iconic musical moment. 

     I try not to make it obvious that I'm recording this lovely performance on my phone. He eventually notices but instead of glaring at me, he's laughing his head off. His laughter causes me to laugh too. "Bruce, I can't believe you just did that. I have to say that I'm rather impressed. You channel Gene Kelly pretty well." He bows playfully. "Thank you my lady. We should probably head inside, the rain is starting to pick up." I nod in agreement, take his arm as he offers it to me, and we head back inside. We party the night away with the Avengers and Guardians. Tonight's a beautiful dream that I don't want to wake up from. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary