Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Bruce's POV

 My baby girl was so tired that she fell asleep in Hulk's arms on the training room floor. I'm glad he loves her just as much as I do. Like myself, he does everything in his power to protect her. She stays asleep for the entire night in my bed. Meanwhile, I stay up into the late hours of the night doing some research on various things. 

   Before I know it, morning approaches and the sun begins to rise. It's only then that I crawl into bed and fall asleep myself. I sleep until mid day while Liz is probably up and about either in the tower or the general area. It's two in the afternoon when I wake up. I find a note on my bedside table from Liz. I smile and read it: "Hey Bruce, I made you some pizza for lunch, which is currently in the fridge in the main kitchen with your name on it. You can eat it cold or heat it up, whatever works for you. I'm currently out shopping for groceries and hanging out with Wanda. I'll bring us home a surprise dinner tonight. I love you." -Liz

   I wake up slowly, admiring the view of the city from my room for a few minutes before actually getting out of bed. I then stumble to the bathroom, do my business, and take a shower to freshen up. Then I treat myself to the delicious pizza that Liz made for me. I decide to eat it cold for a change. Pizza is good both ways in my opinion. After that, I decide to sit in the living room and read for awhile. I'm currently reading one of Stephen King's new books. The man is truly a genius and gem of a writer. 

   Before I know it, it's supper time and Wanda and Liz come entering the kitchen. Wanda smiles at me before helping Liz put groceries away. When they're done, Liz comes running over to me and jumps into my lap. I'm slightly startled but mainly amused. I scoop her up so she doesn't fall and gently put my book down on the floor beside me. I hug her lovingly. "I'm guessing you had a fun day." She smiles. "I sure did. In addition to grocery shopping, Wanda and I got our nails done, had lunch at Panera Bread, and went to the mall for a bit. I got a couple of new outfits, perhaps I could show them off to you later." I smile at her. "That sounds lovely. I stayed up late to do some research, slept in super late, ate your pizza which was delicious so thank you for that, and read for the afternoon."

   "That's lovely Bruce. Everyone deserves to have a lazy day here and there. You work harder than everyone else in all honesty." I blush and hug her once again. Wanda giggles. "The two of you are so cute, it melts my heart." Liz then giggles and I blush even more. Wanda and Vision remind me a lot of us. Their love is so pure too. "Wanda, would you and Wanda want to have supper with Liz and I? I know she brought back enough Chinese food for four people." She grins. "Absolutely. Since Viz has his human form, he can now relish in food like us. I'll be right back." She goes off to fetch Vision while Liz and I set up for dinner. 

   Vision follows Wanda back in a few minutes later. He hugs Liz and I before sitting down next to Wanda. We all then dive into the food. Liz got everything from rice to crab rangoons to chicken. Everything is really good, except the chicken. Everyone else seems to feel the same because after taking a few bites of it, the rest goes untouched. We all then get heavily drunk on wine and laugh at the silliest things well into the night. That's two late nights in a row for me... oh well. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary