Chapter VII - The Abandoned Lightning

A month of torture and training had passed by, and slowly but surely the destructive duo had grown to accept that Reborn was okay. Unfortunately, that meant their fights had returned, and to make matters worse, the fights have been occuring more often. I couldn't blame them though, they had been stressed lately what with my dreams and watching Reborn as if he were a bomb that could explode at a moment's notice. Gokudera-san and Yamamoto seem to bicker almost every time they saw each other. Well, It was more like Gokudera did the bickering while Yamamoto listened and laughed. At the moment Chrome and I were at the store buying different ingredients for dinner. Within the past thirty minutes the sky had become an ominous grey and you could hear thunder in the distance, but surprisingly there was no wind or rain. I couldn't help but feel that the sky meant something. That something was happening. I sighed, and life had just started to settle back into some semblance of normalcy.

"Is everything alright, Tsuna-chan? Did your intuition tell you something?" My purple haired sister asked with concern.

"I'm fine, although I have a feeling that something is about to happen. Nothing to us though..." It feels like something bad is about to happen to someone important to me. Although at the same time that person is someone that I do not know.

"Should we talk to everyone else?"

I shook my head, "No, things have just begun to settle down. I'd hate to worry everyone if it's just a false alarm. Although, if anything happens i'll make sure to talk to everyone, alright."

"I'll be keeping you to that promise." Chrome gave me a serious look while I merely smiled and nodded my head.

I almost wanted to scream when I opened my eyes to blackness. Suddenly, I heard shouting in a language that I instantly recognized as Italian. Mukuro had helped me learn after we found out my father was Mafia. I wasn't exactly fluent but I knew enough to get by relatively easily. I whirled around and when my eyes settled on the scene before me I was instantly filled with anger. There curled up on the ground was a small ravenette boy with teary green eyes as he flinched at every word a middle aged man spat at him.

"You d*amn useless brat! Don't you dare bother coming back here before you complete your mission."

The boy's fists clenched and his lip wobbled as he desperately tried to keep from crying. It was no use and within seconds tears were falling uncontrollably from the young boy's green eyes. He leapt forward and clung to the pant leg of the middle aged man who was glaring at him in disgust.

"Please! Papa! Lambo promises to be good! Lambo won't be annoying anymore! Lambo won't complain when Lambo has to take those tests! Lambo promises! So please don't leave Lambo! Please Papa!" I covered my mouth with my hands in an attempt to muffle my sobs. I had fallen to my knees at the beginning of the child's, I now knew as Lambo, plee. I was at a loss for words. I couldn't speak. I couldn't breath. All I could feel was Lambo's fear at being left. My eyes widened in horror when the man, Lambo's father, kicked the small boy, who looked no older than five, away from him.

The man sneered, "you're no son of mine. If you want to be my son you'll complete your mission. You'll kill Reborn." With that the man grabbed Lambo by the back of his cow print suit and tossed him outside, slamming a large oak door closed before Lambo even fully sat back up. At the sight of the closed doors the fear intensified along with the feeling of crippling abandonment. I could no longer think as I watched the little boy cry and bang on the door while begging to be allowed back inside. I scrambled to my feet and ran towards the child whose world I had just watched shatter. I called out to him as I ran. I screamed his name, but I went unheard. I felt something trying to pull me away from the scene, but I resisted. I couldn't abandon Lambo. Not now. Not after what I had just seen. I continued to scream Lambo's name to no avail. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain and my head snapped to the left yanking me away from Lambo's image.