10

"Conner, are you okay?" Hank says.

We're back in the car. Have we gone to Cyberlife yet?

"W-what?" I say.

"You kinda blanked out ever since we left Cyberlife. Are you okay?"

"What happened after we got there?" I ask.

"The desk lady said they couldn't help us and you suggested Kamski and then we left," Hank gives me a funny look.

"Oh? Yeah I'm okay. And... okay."

"Did something happen in your head?" He asks and I nod.

"Amanda and I talked. She said she wanted you dead because she wants me to suffer. I screamed at her and told her she was nothing and then I woke up here. I don't remember anything that happened after I suggested Kamski and stuff. I thought I had another Amanda attack and I pushed you away. The wall was 10 times thicker than the last and everything was extremely glitchy," I explain.

"That's weird," Markus says from the drivers seat.

"So every time these... corruptions happen, the wall gets harder to break through?" Markus asks. "I don't understand how there are more walls. Amanda is software. She wasn't built for this type of thing."

"What if she's actually a virus?" I ask.

"Then it'd be a little easier to understand and to fix. We can't have you trying to kill Hank every time you're vulnerable or he's vulnerable because one of these times, you're not going to get through that wall," Markus says and my heart sinks.

He's right. Next time this happens, I don't know if I'd be able to get through the wall. The last one extremely hard to get through.

-

[Can you help me, Conan?]

{What do you need?}

[Something's happening with my software and it's forcing my body to try and kill Hank. I need help reaching Kamski and I know Gavin is his younger brother.]

{Couldn't you just drive to Kamski's and talk to one of the Chloe's? Gavin... I'm not sure if he would want to help you.}

[We've tried. Please Conan, you have no idea what I've been through since this trouble with my software. I almost killed Hank. Multiple times. It's getting harder to control my body. Please help me.]

{...fine. I'll talk to him. But you owe me.}

[Of course, thank you.]

I sighed, feeling the weight on my chest get lighter.

•How was this? I'm really really trying to update all my books because I've been super slow since school started. I am so sorry for the slow updates•