8

It goes silent besides the cars in the background.

"I don't know what's happening, Markus," my adrenaline runs out and my eyes slip closed. My body sways and then my world goes dark.

-

"He just passed out?"

"Yeah, it was weird. Androids don't need air and they don't just pass out unless they're dying. Conner isn't dying. I analyzed him and everything was fine. Except I found something..."

"What? What did you find?"

My eyes open and it takes a couple seconds for me to adjust to the lighting. I sit up, hearing voices next to me.

"Conner, you're awake!" Hank stands up quickly and tackles me in a hug, kissing my forehead.

Tears quickly fill my eyes and I started crying.

"Baby boy, what's wrong?" He asks.

"What do you think is wrong?!" I scream, not meaning to sound so harsh, "everything is wrong, Hank!"

I push him away slightly and run out of the room, trying to calm myself on the way out.

"Conner!" Markus calls after me.

I wipe my face and ignore him.

//Conner. Stop. You need to calm down.//

I hold my head and stop walking, "get out of my fucking head!" I scream, clenching my fists.

"Leave me alone, Amanda! Just leave me alone!" I scream once again, my voice going into a distortion.

"I want you to suffer the same way you made me suffer."

Pain goes throughout my body and I collapse onto the ground, screaming.

"Stop! Amanda please!" I yell.

I could feel my thirium pump begin to build up pressure and it hurt like hell. My head was pounding and the room went dark. I could barely speak.

•How was this?•