forty nine - "always gonna be my number one"

I close the door, hearing my brother howling behind it at my red face

I close the door, hearing my brother howling behind it at my red face. After his very blunt, embarrassing comment, I had flipped him off and pushed Brad into my room before my brother saw me turn into the exact shade of a tomato.

Brad chuckles, making himself comfortable on my bed, "your brother is so joke."

"Don't encourage him!" I scowl at my boyfriend as he opens his arms out for me to join him. He was sat at the foot of my bed, his feet on the ground and I sigh, walking over and standing between his legs.

I had to look down to see his face since he was sat down but even still, there wasn't much of a height difference considering how small I am anyway.

"How are you?" He asks, reaching up to press a kiss to my lips. I smile and rest my arms on his shoulders, my hands playing with the hair resting by the vape of his neck.

"I'm fine," I reply, letting him lean back and lie on the bed, taking me with him as his arms wrap around my waist. I lay on top of him, my face above his.

"I wanna take you to Paris," he states randomly, taking me by surprise. "It's super romantic and has some good tourist attractions, too."

"It's a bit cliché, isn't it?"

"Is there something wrong with being cliché sometimes?" He challenges me, raising an eyebrow. I stay silent, pursing my lips and he chuckles, flipping us over so he's above me, his elbows on either side of my head as he smiles down at me.

"You're awfully smiley today," I observe, brushing some hair out of his face.

"Well, for one: we have no more uni," he says. "And that means I have you to myself all summer."

A sigh escaped my lips, "and then after summer, you don't have me because you'll be at work and I'll be at uni."

He rolls over so that he's no longer on me, a frown on his face as he sits on my bed again. I slide myself over to him, sitting myself next to him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I've finished uni," he says. "I really am, I just didn't think it was a big deal."

"It would've been nice for you to say," I counter. "Maybe an, 'I don't know if you know but I know that I'm leaving uni this year by the way' kind of talk."

"It just slipped my mind," he defends himself.

I roll my eyes and mumble, "yeah. Of course it did."

"What did you say?" He questions, an eyebrow raised and I look at him innocently.

"Nothing. I didn't say anything."

He frowns and lifts me up so that I'm sat on his lap, rubbing his nose against mine, "yeah, that's what I thought."

I can't help but smile as he presses his lips to mine, my arms around his neck. I always found it difficult to stay mad at Brad, especially because he was just so cute all of the damn time.