thirty two - "vamps arent scary"

"Brad," I smile innocently over to him but he only pulls me closer

"Brad," I smile innocently over to him but he only pulls me closer. He'd arrived in late last night after going out with his mates for a few drinks and was adamant that he should stay in my bed until I go to sleep. He was snoring only moments after his proposal.

"What?" He grumbles, nestling his face further into my pillow as I run my hands lightly through his hair. The past few days we have gotten a lot closer and he took every minute he could to hug me and make sure I'm fine and I think it's because he still feels bad despite my pleads for him not to.

"Merry Christmas."

"It's the first of the month," he groans, moving away from me and letting a small sigh. "It's not Christmas."

"I'm gonna buy you an elf hat for Christmas," I tease him. "Maybe that'll put you in the holiday spirit."

"I'll be in the Christmas spirit a few days before, there's still twenty days before I even start considering it, though," he frowns and climbs out of my bedsheets, pulling on some jogging bottoms.

"What are you gonna get me for Christmas?" I question, rolling over on the bed as he starts tidying up the room a little bit.

"I've already got your present," he smiles over at me. "And I'm not telling you what it is, since that'll ruin the surprise."

"How much did it cost? I wanna match the price with my present," I say, hoping it isn't too expensive. I feel so awkward when people give me expensive presents.

"It doesn't matter," he replies. "You don't need to price match it anyway."

"Ugh. You're so annoying."

"So are you, Mango," he snarks back at me. "I'm gonna go to the gym, now. I'll see you in a bit."

"You go to the gym?" I ask him, confused. He nods in response as he pulls a jacket on and some running shoes. "How long have you been going?"

"Since we start uni," he chuckles, zipping up his jacket and grabbing his wallet and keys. "I'll see you later, Mango."

"Bye, Simpson."

He shoots me a scowl at the use of his second name before he disappears out the door. I had some stuff I needed to buy today such as new notepads and other stationary stuff for class.

I get up out of bed and do my morning ritual before wearing some mom jeans, an orange shirt and a pearl bomber jacket. I put on some blue, round sunglasses and grab my purse before leaving and locking up the apartment.

I take a bus into town and walk around until I find the nearest stationary store that looked relatively cheap. I grab a basket and go into the store, getting notepads and pens and pencils and rulers and some folders too. When I'm done, I go to the check out and pay for the stuff.

On my way out, I spot the dirty blonde hair of my ex-best friend as she walks past the store with her eyes glued to her phone before she looks around and they fall on me.