Chapter Six: Pity

On Monday morning, Draco was walking down the corridors when Snape stopped him.

"Mister Malfoy, Professor Dumbledore wishes to have a word with you," he was told. He nodded and followed Snape to a gargoyle. Snape spoke the password and allowed Draco up the stairs. He walked in timidly and Dumbledore smiled at him fondly.

"Ah, Draco," he breathed. "Have a seat, my boy."

Draco sat down and avoided the the twinkling eyes if the older wizard. Dumbledore chuckled and Draco looked at him in alarm.

"No need to be afraid, Draco," he smiled kindly. "You are not here because you are to be punished. You are because I believe that there is an important matter I must discuss with you."

"What is it, sir?" Draco asked.

"Your fellow Slytherins, I believe, are not safe for you to be around any longer," Dumbledore stated. "I also understand that you have slept in the Room of Requirement these past few days."

"Yes, sir," Draco nodded. "I was afraid to go back to the common room."

He looked at his lap and Dumbledore studied the boy.

"I wish there was something more I could do for you, my boy, but I can not. You are allowed to sleep in the Room of Requirement until the end of the year and I will personally see to it that you are safe from those of your house."

"Thank you, sir," Draco nodded. Dumbledore stood up and walked around the desk. He placed a hand in Draco's shoulder and the Slytherin boy looked up at him.

"Do not worry yourself, my dear boy. It is over with and I do not blame you for the events that transpired. You have a good heart, Draco. You were merely off course," he said. He pulled Draco into a hug and the boy buried his face in his chest.

"Thank you, sir," he choked.

"You should probably go," Dumbledore smiled. "Severus gets upset when students are late."

"Good bye, professor," Draco smiled and slipped out. He walked down the corridor, deep in thought. He finally made it to DADA, which was with Gryffindor, thankfully. He went to sit in his usual place by Blaise but Harry grabbed his arm and pulled him over. He smiled at the Gryffindors who were glaring at him and looked down at the parchment in front of him.

He wrote notes and didn't look up until someone stepped in front of him. He looked up and saw Blaise standing in front if him.

"You are pathetic," he snapped. "These Gryffindorks are your only friends, aren't they? They are only doing it out of moral duty. Nobody cares about you. Even your own father didn't want you!"

Draco tried to keep it together after that was said. He really did, but he just couldn't. He got up and ran from the classroom room, Blaise's laugh following him to the Room of Requirement.

"It's not true," he muttered to himself. "It isn't true."

The tears were slipping down Draco's face and he didn't even try to stop them. He heard someone enter and felt arms wrap around me.

"It isn't true," Harry murmured. "Draco, I'm sure that your father loves you."

"But what about you, Harry?" Draco shouted, pulling out of the shocked boy's grip. "Why are you here? Am I some sort of pity project? If I am, I don't want your pity, Potter! I would rather be alone then have the boy I love only be with me out of pity!"

Harry watched the blonde as he began to cry harder. He didn't know what to do. He finally cam put of his trance and edged closer to the sobbing Slytherin.

"Just leave me alone!" he screamed. "Go away!"

"Draco, you don't mean that," Harry whispered.

"You don't mean a lot of things," Draco snapped. "Like that kiss."

"Draco, you obviously don't know me very well," Harry laughed slightly. "I meant that kiss with my whole heart and nothing I have done has ever been out of pity."

Draco wanted to believe him so badly. He wanted to throw himself into Harry's arms and never leave. But he knew that the words were a lie.

"You're lying to me," he choked out. "You probably went back to the common room and laughed with Weasel and the mud- blood about the poor pathetic Slytherin."

"Their names are Ron and Hermione," Harry snapped, more harshly than intended. Draco shrunk back as if he had been physically hit and Harry reached out to him.

"Don't touch me, Potter!" he spat. It hurt Harry more than it should have to hear Draco say his name with such disdain. "I bet Dumbledore put you up to this! You don't care about me, you're just following orders!"

"Draco, please," Harry begged. Draco saw the pleading in his eyes and  for a second, he almost believed him but then he reminded himself if why he was here in the first place.

"I don't need you! I hate you, Potter!" Draco screamed. Harry looked as if Draco had just ripped out his heart, making Draco instantly regret saying it.

"Alright, fine. If you don't need my help, then u will just leave," Harry snapped. He stood up and walked over to the door. Before leaving, he looked over his shoulder at the boy. "I can't believe they you are trusting the boy who caused you so much pain over the boy who was there to pull you through it."

He walked out the door, leaving Draco to cry alone and in the dark.

*♥*

You didn't think that it was going to be easy for the two trouble magnets, did ya?

So we met Dumbledor and found out that he is trying to protect the boy who tried to kill him the year before. That man has a few screws loose. Well, more than a few!

Check out my other Drarry "Snake in the Lion's Den". It is a Hybrid story and takes place in fifth year!

Anyway, tell me what you think! I absolutely love to hear your guys' thoughts!

Until we meet again!

                                                                    -Tiger♥