Chapter 14

(y/n) opened her eyes, coming back to her senses. She was in a bright art gallery full of people. She looked around in confusion, blinking fast. "What was I doing..?" (y/n) took out a pamphlet from her satchel, looking over it. "Oh... I didn't go downstairs yet. I want to see that huge painting."

Heading downstairs, (y/n) saw the huge painting that was on the ground, guarded by partition rope. Slowly walking over to it, a gasp escaped her lips as she saw the giant fish.

   When (y/n) got her fill of looking at the painting, she headed down the room. (y/n) saw a rose sculpture up ahead. As she was walking towards it, (y/n) saw a man with purple hair. For some reason, (y/n) felt a sense of familiarity wash over her. Her heart was beating fast also. She wasn't sure if she was feeling nervous or something else.

Slowly walking towards the sculpture, (y/n) stopped right next towards the man. "Hm..?" He turned towards (y/n), noticing that she was staring at him rather than the sculpture. "What is it, young lady?"

   Feeling a little shy, (y/n) spoke up. "What are you looking at?"

   "Hm? Well... Let's see... It's a rose sculpture, I guess."

   "I see that." (y/n) looked at the sculpture, standing next to this stranger that for some reason didn't feel like a stranger.

   "When I look at this sculpture..." He spoke up. "I feel somehow sorrowful... I wonder why?" (y/n) didn't know what to say as she just stared at him. He noticed that he was making her feel awkward as he gave her an awkward smile. "Ah... I'm sorry if I said anything to trouble you, (y/n)."

   (y/n) grunted as he said her name. "Huh..?"

   He was surprised at himself as he stared at the ground, trying to think. "Wait what? Who's (y/n)?"

   "My name is (y/n)."

   He looked up at her, looking more surprised. "What? That's your name? Your name's really (y/n)? That's the strangest thing... I mean, I don't know you at all... It just kind of came out... How odd..."

   (y/n) slightly smiled as she giggled. "That's the only name I have, so..."

   He was looking directly at her, looking like he was trying to remember something. "But actually... Have we, perhaps, met somewhere before..?"

   "I don't know... I usually remember if I had met someone before... Hm..." (y/n) was trying so hard to remember where she had seen this guy before, because the feeling of familiarity was so strong, but she couldn't for the life of her remember anything.

   The guy closed his eyes. "My... Look at me, asking you such strange things. Never mind what I said. Well, bye." He started walking away from her side.

   (y/n) instinctively reached out her hand towards him. "Wait..!" The next second, she felt really strange. She thought why was she so desperate of trying to stop him from walking away.

   "Hm?" The guy stopped in his tracks, pulling something out of his coat pocket. "What's this? A handkerchief? When did I get this?"

   (y/n) saw a little girl walking towards the guy, pointing towards the handkerchief. "Excuse me, mister. That's my handkerchief."

   "Ah... This is yours?" He looked at the handkerchief. "Is your name Ib?"

   Ib nodded. "Yes, that's my name."

   "Really?" The guy looked so confused at this whole situation. "What was it doing in my pocket? Plus there's blood on it..." The look on his face looked like he was remembering something. (y/n) walked up to the guy and little girl, feeling concerned. "I was... I was wounded on the hand and... Two girls..."