"Yeah, but what's the fun in that?"

Começar do início

He groaned, chucking his remote on the couch next to him, reluctantly getting up and padding into the dining room. He slumped down on the chair, stabbing his fork into a piece of chicken.

"You're such a prima-donna," I said apathetically, causing him to childishly stick his tongue out at me, I just rolled my eyes in return.

I finished up eating dinner, looking at the time on the clock. 19:52.
I went into the kitchen and put my plate in the dishwasher.
"I just need to get my cell," I said to my mom before jogging up the stairs. I grabbed it from my desk, putting it in a small white purse.

I then heard the doorbell ring, and my mom exclaimed, "Cyrus! Could you please get that?"
I knew it'd be Leo so I picked up my bags, went out into the hall and walked down the stairs.

"Ah, you must be the secret agent," Leo said as my brother opened the door, I snickered a little whilst my brother furrowed his brows in confusion. Leo spotted me coming down the stairs, the smirk on his face disappeared and his eyes widened, scanning my body up and down.

"You look amazing," he grinned, still eyeing up my body
My brother did a throwing up gesture, "please, refrain from flirting in front of me," he said before walking back into the living room.

"Ah, and you must be Leo," my mom said, appearing in the doorway.
"It's nice to meet you Miss Braxton," he replied, extending his hand for her to shake.

"Please, call me Val," she answered, shaking his hand, she then turned to me, "Nina, be back by ten tomorrow morning, I don't want a repeat of last time."

"Ok mom, love you, I'll see you tomorrow," I kissed her on the cheek, before leaving out the door, Leo following shortly behind me.

"So where's their new house?" I asked once we had gotten in the car, chucking my bag in the back of the car.

"Downtown LA. It's slightly smaller than their old house but it's in a nicer area."

We pulled up at a small townhouse downtown, it had a short pathway leading up to it with a palm tree in the front yard. The house was painted a clean cream color and looked very uniform with the other houses down the street.

It was already dark out, it was early December now so the air felt a lot cooler, but of course it being California, it was still a lot warmer than many other states. We walked up the pathway, the sound of Leo's Doc Martens against the paving stones echoing down the street.

"Hey guys!" Jo greeted cheerfully as we arrived. The house felt a lot more homely than their last one; you walked straight into the kitchen which had a warm feeling, from its brown counters to small wooden table with a bouquet of yellow primroses in the middle. Further back was a small living area with the same couch from their old place, but a new coffee table sat in front of it.

Behind the living area was a set of glass doors that were open, leading out into the back yard.
"Everyone's out back around the fire pit," Jo informed us as we followed her through to the back.

A small cooler was next to one of the benches so I took a beer as did Leo.

Mlak lay up against Kendrick, one of his arms flailed lazily over her shoulder. I sat with my legs over Leo, who had a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips.