Hide your cats, I'm staying

Start from the beginning

"Why yes she got a new cat just recently. And how Akemi would you know about Tora passing since the funeral was private?" Gramps asked with a suspicious voice.

"Because I stol-," I caught myself before I let my little dirty deed slip. "I, I mean." I kept fumbling for words unsuccessfully. Finally giving up and just stating, "I just  know." Gramps raised an eyebrow probably guessing from my earlier statement what actually happened to the fat lady's cat, Tora. Before he could say anything I pushed the conversation to a different topic. "So Lee How are your injuries sustaining? No after effects are showing up from when I healed you right?" I turned to Lee for a needed distraction. He nodded his head enthusiastically.

"None at all Miss Akemi! Thank you for the help! The power of youth was with me and you as well." he started rambling on about the Spirit of Youth until he ran out the room screaming, "TRAINING!!!"

Ten Ten sighed then thanked me again for healing Lee which I told her was no problem. She winked at me, "Tora's definitely 'resting in peace' huh." I smiled mischievously.

"Of course." Gramps sighed but didn't say anything else. She laughed before leaving to go after Lee. I finished looking at the scrolls for today. I put them back in my own little space I made in the corner to look at for tomorrow. I waved bye to Gramps then walked out of the building. I was walking towards the convenience store to buy some dinner thinking about how I'll get someone to spill what happened at the party to me when I suddenly bumped into someone. I took a step back from the impact then looked up to see a certain red haired boy.

"Oh hello Gaara," I smiled at him, "it's nice to see you." He nodded his head in return. "What are you doing here right now?" I asked curious why.

"I was looking for you." He stated calmly. That surprised me.

"Me? Why?" He grabbed something out of a bag he was carrying handing it straight out to me.

"Here." I looked down to see a jar of honey, I took it in my hand. Before I could question why he was giving me honey he talked. "You must be angry at me for not bringing honey to your celebration. I'm sorry for the trouble it may have caused." He said stoically then left before I could get a word in edgewise.[author: Oh Gaara, you and your anti social ways.] I stood there confused. There it was again, something happened at that party that I don't know about. Why would I be mad if he didn't bring honey to the party? I didn't even know he came to the party plus I was out the entire time so why would I be mad at him at all. I stood there for probably five whole minutes staring at the jar of honey Gaara gave me. Finally I decided to continue to walk completely forgetting about dinner. It was evening. I arrived there still thinking about the jar. I looked up to see Shika walking around. I walked over to him.

"Hey Shika?"

"Hn?" He was just looking up at the sky not really concentrating on anything in particular. Shika tends to think about things a lot when he's alone. Others think he's really lazy, which he is, but he's really smart and thinks about a lot of things.

"Gaara just gave me a jar of honey for no apparent reason. He said it had something to do with the party, do you know what he's talking about?" Whatever Shika was thinking about was out of his mind now. I noticed he stiffened when I said 'honey'. I smiled. ~Finally! A reaction~ "You do know what he meant! You can tell me what happened at the party while I was knocked out! Tell me!" I exclaimed excited.

"Nothing you need to worry about happened at the party, Akemi." He didn't sound very convincing. He wouldn't look me in the eye, his fingers twitched, and he looks too natural. Someone else might not notice but I've been able to pick up these signs that show when Shika is lying about something. He over thinks things too much so he always tries to act like there's nothings wrong.