Three

Keefe's POV

"Ouch!" I heard Sophie scream from a short distance away, I whipped my head towards her direction, seeing her jump back waving her hand in the air frantically. I rushed to her side.
I noticed that she had a burn on her hand. I resisted the urge to shout and ran towards the freezer, and pulled out an ice pack.
I gently wrapped it around her hand, soothing the burn, and sat her down at the couch with a comforting arm around her shoulders.
"It's okay," I told her. "You're okay."
Sophie smacked my shoulder, her face as plastered with a smirk. "It's not that bad. It's a small burn."
"It didn't sound like that when you screamed, Foster. I'm surprised the whole Lost Cities didn't hear you." I raised an eyebrow.
"Oh, shutup." Said Sophie.
"Nope," I said, with a laugh.
"I guess I'll have to make you myself." She said, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Surprising me, she raised her head and kissed me forcefully. I kissed her back with a gentle finger tracing on her cheekbone.
We split apart and Sophie started laughing, I joined in.
Sophie was laughing, but then stopped and winced.
"You sure you're okay Foster?" I asked her.
"I'm fine." She said, clearly not.
I unwrapped her ice pack to observe the burn. "That is not a small burn."
"I'm fiiine. Really." She repeated, wrapping the ice pack back around her hand hastily.
"I think this deserves a call for Elwin," I said, my making my grip around her shoulders more firm and protective.
"Keeeefe," she protested.
"Foooosterrrr!" I mocked back.
"I do not need another trip to Elwin. It's nothing." She pouted.
"Too bad." I told her, with a kiss on her cheek, light and soft.
"Anyways," she stood up and walked to the counter, bringing back a tray of cookies with her. "The cookies are still warm."
"Ughhh you know me too well." I crossed my arms. "Can't say no to that."
She smirked and sat back down next to me, and offered me a chocolate chip cookie.
I put my arm back around her, and accepted the cookie.
"This is delicious." I said, with a mouthful.
"Manners, Keefe." She laughed and pushed me playfully.
I loved her laugh. You don't hear it often, she's always so serious. Her laugh could brighten my day. It always does. Never fails.
"What?" She said, interrupting me thoughts.
"Huh?"
"You were staring."
I cleared my throat, embarrassed. I hoped I wasn't blushing.
"Sorry," I said shyly, then looked back at her. "You just got something on your lips, Foster."
"Really?" She hid her face, wiping her lips vigorously.
"Hey," I lifted her face with her chin. "I got it."
Before she could answer I leaned in and we were kissing, with her hands on my shoulders, and my hand stroking her beautiful silky hair. It was soft and warm, nothing else in the world mattering other than this moment with Foster and I.
As soon as it started, it ended. We split apart and enjoyed each others company in comfortable silence.
"I think we should get to Elwin now." I got up, and dragged her up with me.
"But Keeeefe!" She wined.
"Please?" I said with puppy eyes.
"Fine." She sighed.
"Thank you." I kissed her forehead, and we leaped away.