c h a p t e r t w o

c h a p t e r t w o

p e t e r

lowercase intended

peter was excited. he had finally gotten the courage to talk to nova vesper, a girl who had always intrigued him. even while he had the biggest crush on liz allen, nova was always in the back of his mind. she made him curious, wanting to know everything about her.

from her favorite color to her favorite food to why she was always alone, he wanted to know any and everything, no matter how small it seemed. he knew he had a crush on her - and so did ned, obviously - but he didn't know nearly how deep his crush went.

he knew his feelings were deeper than what he had felt for liz. he had never felt the way he felt around nova when he was with liz. he didn't have as much of a need to impress her, didn't feel the demand to be whatever she wanted or do what she asked. he didn't know what to call this emotion - he didn't think it was love - but he knew it wasn't a mere crush.

"- ter. peter. peter!" the teen in question was snapped out his thoughts, finally focusing on nova and ned in front of him. unknowing to him, they had been trying to get his attention for two minutes.

"huh?" he intelligently asked, making the two teens in front of him burst out laughing. he looked at them in confusion, not understanding what the joke was.

"i just asked about your favorite color," nova explained, still giggling. peter blushed in embarrassment.

"oh. s-sorry. i-i like red...?" he knew he sounded unsure about his answer, but if nova noticed this, she didn't show it.

"nice choice. i was just telling ned about how purple was my favorite, but red was a close second."

"if black didn't count," ned interjected. nova nodded.

"true. black is definitely tied with purple for first then. but then, for third, would be grey or blue - not mixed, because that makes periwinkle and periwinkle is such a weird color." her eyes held a glint of happiness, true happiness. peter wouldn't have even known it was there if he wasn't already looking her in the eyes.

"blue's my second favorite color," peter tells her, wanting to keep her happiness alive. but even if he didn't, he wasn't lying. there was a reason his spiderman suit was red and blue.

nova's grin widened. "seriously? blue is such a cool color!" she then paused, snickering to herself. "no pun intended. but now, the real question." she positioned herself so she could look at both boys simultaneously. "what's your least favorite color?"

peter's eyes widened. he had never thought about that. it wasn't something he was ever asked, so he never needed an answer. but he didn't want to disappoint nova.

ned, on the other hand, didn't have that problem.

"i, personally, hate olive green, especially when mixed with brown or yellow." ned gave an overdramatic shudder, making both peter and nova laugh.

"well, i cant stand this one shade of yellow! it's like a bright yellow mixed with a little bit of green and possibly brown." her nose scrunched up at the thought and peter thought it was adorable. "but yeah, i hate that yellow."

she then turned to peter with an expectant look on her face and he realized that it was his turn to share.

"o-oh. i really dislike, um, one shade that's between yellow and orange, but has too much yellow and looks kinda brown." nova takes a second to picture the color, but ultimately agrees.

"yeah, that's a pretty terrible color. but, we all agree yellow is the worst primary color?" peter nods as ned grimaces.

"definitely. the color yellow just sucks," ned agrees, taking a sip of his smoothie, which was all but forgotten.

"and speaking of yellow," she pauses with a mischievous look, causing peter to be slightly scared, "did you know that there's an actual fear of the color yellow?"

peter didn't expect this. to be fair, he wasn't sure what to expect, but it definitely wasn't to learn about a weird fear. and judging by the look on his face, ned didn't either.

"really?" peter asked. "i mean, I get that yellow's a really bad color, but why would anybody be afraid of it?" nova shrugged.

"don't know. but it's called xanthophobia and it's a legitimate fear. so my question is: how do you live with the fear of a color?"

nova talked on, explaining her theories and how she had no clue how she would survive if she was afraid of yellow. and peter just listened. he interjected every once in a while, letting her know his opinions on the topic. but for the most part, he just listened.

and he learned more than he ever thought he would about nova vesper.

hi? so . . . what'd you think?? honest opinions, the good and the bad.

athennah, your questions will be explained probably in the next chapter, like why her eyes are purple and what happened to her family and why she's living alone. well, they all might not be explained, but at least one will.

uh, that's all, I think.

ciao!