𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

|Candice's Third P.O.V.|
|Still continuing the day|

this is definitely my favorite rewritten chapter so far

↠↠↠

While the other kids possibly enjoyed the future of their last year in school, Cassidy Jones was the complete opposite. She was back at it again taking AP and college course classes her mother settled with Stephanie on, like her previous school years. It never mattered if the stress got Candice; if the work took away her teen life - everything had to be her mother's way. Not saying she'd struggle with the classes, but she'd rather be in classes of her own personal interest.

Sometimes it's okay to take a break from planning your future; live in the moment. Her brother does... why can't she?

At this rate, I'll be taking my AP Macroeconomics exam in no time. Nothing but AP classes on this schedule.

I can sense the stress of mom coming.

"You don't seem happy being in here. What's got your knickers in a twist?" Finn asked, sitting her AP U.S. Government book he was carrying on her desk.

It was their first day back and their teacher, Mr. Regal, already grew fondness of him - more so, his accent. Despite being British, he adored Finn's Irish accent.

Finn's Irish accent was pretty thick and made him talk a bit "funny" to most people here. Candice, however, never found it amusing people laughed at it.

"I don't belong in here. I should be taking AP Comparative Government. Mom thought otherwise; said I need some refreshing of the brain. Nonsense, really. We learned about this in the 9th grade. She wouldn't listen to me when I told her. She never does," Candice answered, opening the book despite Mr. Regal telling them not to touch them.

Finn placed a hand on her shoulder as comfort, "Hey, it's your last year. You'll be away from her when you make it to college. You can even live with me," he piped up, giving her a sweet grin so she wouldn't be down.

Live with him? Yeah, Fergal, calm it down.

She forced a chuckle, leaning back in her seat. Finn was a naive boy, she'd be the first to admit that. His mother never pressured him, never took out her frustration on him, never caused the insecurities within him. Candice could be hundred of miles away from her mom and still hear her voice. It wasn't a matter of only school; this was a personal issue.

"Candice, have you gained weight?"

"An A minus? What am I paying your tutor for?! Get out!"