Chapter 40 : Strange (2)

A/N: Should I exaggerate and say... not even a thousand apologies is enough for me to atone my sins..!!
(〒︿〒)

Sigh... I won't say anything anymore....

                                             (   ノ ╥﹏╥) ノ

*******

The capital, Eschone, is a big city enough to accommodate the hundreds of thousands people that has visited and come here to participate or watch the competition.

Streets are filled with people and inns are full packed. It was hard to find a vacant inn, and fortunatelyy, Farren had reserved three rooms that has two beds each before leaving the city months ago. The owner is his acquaintance who joyfully welcomed them in.

They were setting up themselves in their each room. Two rooms for three boys each while one room for the girls. It was supposed to be Weiwei, Qiqi and Gracie at first but since now that Aira is with them, two people shares each bed.

While Weiwei and Qiqi did their routine of cleaning up their stuffs and Gracie taking a nap, Aira sat by the window lane and watch the people passing by.

She could see several people from other races here. May it be elves, dwarves, and beastmen. Some were happily conversing about the competition while some are looking for good shops to buy some good weapons.

Aira was awed.

It was just months, but she can tell that there is a lot of difference from when she was here. The buildings are taller and new. There were also some gadgets she never got to see before. Also, what's that tall white tower over there? If she remembers it right, that's the direction of the castle. Is it because of magic that they can erect a tower that high in just a few months? Even in modern world, it would at least take a year.

But it's rather strange. The tower's appearance looks so familiar... like she have seen it before. Although, she's very sure that she's never seen it before.

Aira went back into observing the street. Never mind the place, but the people also seems weird. Not weird as in they are weird, but weird because everyone is at least a master level!

There also ones that are grandmaster level. Well, Windlash members are almost all grandmaster but she thought they are a group of naturally talented and genius individuals. But now, she can see that grandmasters here are not rare...

Wait! Does that mean that there are people who are in special stages!?

Aira tried to look for someone who might be one, but it was a failure. Not even one is here.... or maybe, they are just not here.

Hm, it's really strange. So many things happened in just a few months. Ahh... she needs to learn about new things.

So, Aira said goodbye to them and will return before dinner. But Farren didn't let her go without a companion. In the end, Adlan offered to go with her which she didn't refuse.

"So, how's the city?" Adlan beside her had looks that could make any girl blush. It isn't that he's very handsome which is expected in elven race, but it's because his stunning looks is so vibrant and cheerful.

If it would be like in earth, then Aira would describe him as the typical popular guy in the campus who is so friendly. Err, she seems to remember that this kid had the possibility of being a tsundere.

A friendly popular guy... with a tsundere side? Aira inwardly laughs at how it makes no sense at all.

"It's fun and good. It's been a while since I came here. Although, a lot of things changed and there's also the dense population, I really like it here."

Adlan had a question mark pasted on his face. He somehow couldn't get what change Aira is talking about, so he looks everywhere but find nothing new at all. He just shrugged that thought and suggested for them to go at the central plaze.

"There's a lot of fun things there. We can get prizes from winning games too."

"Oh! Sure, let's go."

Showing the way, Adlan keeps on talking about his complains to his master. He always did his best to complete his tasks but his master is too strict and wants the perfect result.

She patted him for his hardwork which he only sighed in helplessness. He got used to it, and blabbering his complains like this is enough for him to vent.

They finally arrived at the central plaza which is very populated as expected.

People from different places have gathered in this city and to steam some boredom before the competition, the central plaza is a good place hence the crowd.

Aira never liked crowds, especially like this when people keeps on bumping their shoulders to each other, but that also doesn't mean she never want to try it.

Back in earth, her friend would drag her to some festival but if she finds it not entertaining then it's not fun.

She can see that a lot are having fun so she should try and might actually like it in the end.

The games were somehow similar to games she know: shooting games, puzzle and etc. They tried playing the shooting game where it's not allowed to use magic and there is a magic item that can sense if the player used magic.

Well, Aira has to admit it. It's actually fun. She wished that the others could have come with them.

"Then we can invite them to come tomorrow. It's actually the opening ceremony since this competition is treated as an annual festival."

"Okay then. Let's ask them."

Aira received the stuff toy prize from the booth owner which looks a little like Snow. It's like Snow's mini version.

They just exited the central plaza when they heard clamoring ahead them. A horse almost squashed a child beneath it if not for a young man saving the child.

The horse owner calmed the animal down after a few attempts coaxing it. He immediately apologized to the young man and child for the accident.

The young man shakes his head while patting the child's head.

"We know that it is an accident and nobody meant it to happen. Just make sure that it won't happen again to prevent anymore accidents."

"Thank you, thank you, your highness!"

Your highness?

At first, Aira only sighed in relief that nothing bad happened to the child or to anyone, but when she heard the horse owner's address to the young man, she can't help but be curious.

If this guy is a prince, if he is not a prince from other countries then it could only mean one thing...

... that he's a prince of this country! And there's only one of them.