Chapter 28 : Taking the test (2)

Like a money hungry merchant, the fatty an came to Aira as he instructed an assistant to prepare things.

He explained the rules about the examination with a grinning smile on his face.

"Miss has a gallant and mighty aura. I am sure that Miss will certainly pass this test. With me here to supervise your test, I will make sure that Miss will have no hindrances and mistakes happen."

Of course, he didn't forget to promote his name in front of a possible supporter. If he could get her favor, he might have another backup to come to in the future!

"The test is relatively simple. All you have to do is defeat a beast. If miss win, the academy welcomes you."

At the side, the clerk sneered in disgust. It is true when he said that the test is just to beat a beast and when the test taker wins they'll be granted the chance to enroll.

But the beast must be rank 4, enough to show the capability of a high level expert. Mostly, the test takers would end up with deep wounds after defeating it. After all, a rank 4 beast can take two high level master at the same time. So for a single high level to defeat a rank 4 beast is a very good candidate with a high potential for huge improvement.

Earlier, this deputy head intentionally didn't mention the rank to that young nobleman and let out a rank 2 beast for the test. It was too easy for a newly leveled up high level.

In a while, there is a huge cage that is being delivered on the stage. Growling sounds came from inside the cage and a huge siberian tiger glared at the people outside. His instincts told him that he wants to rip these humans' heart out of their bodies.

The clerk's heart really wanted to explode in anger. That beast is nothing more than a rank 2 beast! This deputy head is really going overboard! Ah, very well, let's just see what the head will do when he comes back. He'll never get away from it!

Aira watched as the tiger was let out from the cage and she was amazed at how it didn't try to escape, but it instead glared at her like it knows she is its enemy.

Without further delay, Aira stand up on stage and looked at the angry tiger. It was sweeping its tails to right and left while it slowly walked around.

The fatty man told the assistant to start commencing the test. Then a bell sound reverberated. DONG!

In an instant, the tiger rushed towards Aira, ready to bit her head off. Its roars were loud and made passerby shiver.

But the next scene dumbfounded everyone. When everyone thought that the girl on stage would make a move to avoid the tiger, all she did is to calmly turn and made a simple kick directly on the tiger's left face upon contact. It directly went backwards and was smashed into the walls, making it crumble and the fell on ground with a heavy thump.

A rank 2 beast is easy to handle for a high level but that doesn't mean they can be defeated in one move! Much more a simple kick!

If they guess, that kind of strength is already at a master level, but looking at the girl's aura she is nothing but a high level! Are their eyes and logic betraying each other?

Aira, with no aid from Lapis, is a complete oblivious to worldly matters. The knowledge she inherited didn't contain such information, leading her to believe that the tiger is a very powerful beast. She is still  ignorant of reading auras as Lapis has first enhanced Aira's basic skills and was actually going to help Aira learn about auras when Lapis ended up stuck at the capital.

So, Aira, who made the kick, was also startled. She didn't expect it to be that weak! She thought it is powerful and since it is said that the test would be difficult, she ended up be serious at it. But, this just made her awkwardly take her feet back on land and stand straight.

Below the stage, they were all left speechless. It seems that there really is wrong with their eyes ah!

The deputy head was startled for a moment but regained his self immediately. It seems this noble isn't the usual ones he had tried to suck up. This one did have the skills and not just the money and power.

He immediately told the assistant to bring out a real rank 4 beast before turning into a grinning clown towards Aira.

"Miss is really powerful! With one kick, you have defeated the beast in a moment." Then he displayed a worried look, "But... it seems we weren't able to gouge out Miss real talent yet. Although you have passed the required cultivation level, skills are still the important factor in our proud academy. Will Miss agree to fight another one?"

Aira blankly nodded. She is still in slight disbelief. It seems she really badly need to take in a teacher and not to be taken in by a teacher!

A short moment later, a group of people brought out another cage. Inside is a huge black bear that was baring its teeth. But unlike the tiger earlier, this one looks more composed and calm despite its hostile appearance.

When it was let out, the black bear crawled on fours before it stop 5 meters away from Aira. It was staring at her with a sharp glare.

The bell rang. It didn't made any move but it carefully observed Aira who was also staring at it. They were in a still movement before the black bear suddenly punched the floor and a huge earth glacier came out under her.

 They were in a still movement before the black bear suddenly punched the floor and a huge earth glacier came out under her

[A/N: Oooooh, ( • ̀ω•́ ) an earth bender black bear...... okay, fine. Just ignore the man.]

So, this black bear could actually use magic!

Aira dodged backwards as the bear also followed her every direction. Whenever she step on the ground, a glacier would appear and didn't let her relax at all. This continued for a minute before the bear stopped when it noticed that its attack didn't matter to the enemy. It only made the black bear be enraged.

Dashing onwards, the black bear swiped its sharp claws only to be grabbed and was flipped around and was sent to the same poor wall. It had the same fate as the poor tiger earlier.

Again, Aira didn't understand how easy it was! Are they looking down at her for sending a weak beast to her?

She shrugged that thought away as she remembered what Linjing told her before. It made her bitterly accept his words but...

"Their standards are too low for you. You can't find any suitable teachers for you in the next few hundred years."

... she couldn't agree more to it!

************

A/N: I've been using the word CULTIVATION all this while, but please don't compare it to those real cultivation stories. Hahaha! This is a fiction, I can put anything I want here, hahaha!

(●>∪<●)

Okay, peace. >^_^<