Chapter 25 : Teach Me Then

Among the people Aira knows in this world, she could tell that this celestial person, Linjing is really strong. Her instinct told her so. Although, the king and some experts she had met are indeed strong, compared to Linjing they feel lacking.

In the end, Aira pretended she didn't hear anything and resumed her steps.

Aira's goal is to go to Balisca city where the Imperial Academy is located. She had to travel by carriage for 2 days before she arrived there. All the while, Linjing was with her, paying her fee twice.

The whole city is full of students wherever you look. They don't have a full attire uniform but only wears a maroon waist length robe to signify that they are students of the Imperial Academy. Students went in pair or threes, some with a large group who were noisily laughing as they pass by Aira.

It will be hard to enroll in this season, so it is better to take the special test given by the academy. If the examinee pass, they are granted to become new students. But, it is told that the test is ten times harder than what the usual periodical test of the students. This is to ensure takers are of the best and lessen their numbers as it will be hectic if anyone could just do the test.

Simple yet reasonable. Aira nodded at the thought.

Cutting through the streets, she walk towards the area where some inns are located.

Because she is too tired and sleepy from the travel, she rent a small room and entered, not forgetting to despondently glance at Linjing who is standing in the hallway, before slamming the door close.

Ahh.. Finally, she would have some time alone.

She won't care to rent a room for him. Her money is limited and she must save and budget as much as possible. Then, this Linjing suddenly wouldn't go away... making her spend for him!

She will not care anymore. Who knows, that guy might be richer than her.

So Linjing, left with no choice, amusingly laughed and disappeared into thin air. No one knows where he went.

The next day is a sunny morning. A good day to start. After renting a room in an inn last night, Aira slept very well and her exhausted body had recovered.

Now that she's all alone, Aira fell into a deep thought about her situation. About the gods and godess' words, her journey now and the unexpectedly crybaby crown prince. She smiled at the thought

As if a light bulb lit up in her head, she suddenly realized that she have treated Hugh as a little brother. Her heart ache when she saw the sad look on that fifteen year old child. Sigh~ she didn't even meet her real brothers back on earth. How'd she get attached to a stranger she have only known for a few weeks?

Anyways, it's a good day. She will start her new life now.

After taking her breakfast, she decided to visit the academy for the test. This is what she came for in this city.

All of a sudden, before she could step out of her room, Linjing appeared sitting freely on the bed.

He is wearing a different style of black robes today and his mask only adds up to his charm, and just sitting like that looks like a beautiful painting.

Well, that would what people normally think, but Aira is already somewhat immune to his aura that she could resist to be charmed and trance.

"Why are you here again?"

Linjing relaxed himself on the bed and slowly lied down in one side, one hand propping his head.

"Aren't I going to be your teacher?"

"I didn't accept it though."

"Oh, you will accept it. For now I will teach you how useless those human teachers you say."

"Ohh.. teach me then. Sigh, honestly, they can't be that bad right?"

Linjing smirked and met with my eyes.

"But they can't be the best like me."

Somehow, Aira can't find the right words to refute his words. But she could say one word.

"Arrogant."

She then opened the door to go out of the room. Linjing also followed her after a moment with a lazy smile on his lips.

"Of course. I am that confident."

"Too confident."

"Because I am the best of the best."

"Yes, yes."

Linjing knew no matter how he say it, the girl will only take it not seriously thinking he is just being overconfident. He wryly smiled as he followed her out to the street a step behind.

People were busying theirselves here and there. Turning at a corner, just a moment and she would actually miss it, she heard a small commotion going on just a few meters away from her.

There is a group of thugs surrounding someone in a dark corner of an isolated alley. It's not that they can't be seen, but to not get involve, the people are ignoring it.

Unfortunately, our protagonist is not the friend of justice who would stride in first when such atrocities are seen, even though she admits she is quite rash sometimes.

Beside her Linjing leaned over to face her with his usual lazy smile.

"Are you going to help?"

Aira could see Linjing's silky smooth hair falling like waterfalls when he leaned. She thought, how did this guy cared to keep such a beautiful hair.

Blinking, she indifferently sweep her sight from Linjing to the crowding thugs. She sighed.

"I don't want to get involve, but... In the end, I can't bear to watch this. Either I will go away or see it all the way."

"Then which will you do..?"

Aira pondered. Back in earth, when she see someone's bullying, she would only watch and approach after the bullies go away. She's just a girl, how could she join a fist fight? That would only be bringing trouble to herself.

Those thoughts only made her guilty. Should she have taken an action as soon she saw it?

So, while Aira is thinking, Linjing beside her nudged her elbow and pointer at the leaving thugs.

Aira could feel the sense of guilt in her heart.