Chapter eight

My stomach erupted in butterflies.

'Oh,do you?' I tried to ask non-galantly but my voice sounded husky. He chukled, knowing the effect he had on me.

'Yes,I love them.' He whispered in my ear,I felt his lips brush against my earlobe and shivered. I felt dazed and couldn't clear my mind.

When a man dressed in a black suit came straight at us Lucian came to stand next to me.

'Miss Claire' The man greeted me. Then he turned to Lucian.

'Amanda send me to come and get you, Trish has been hit during another attack and she isn't doing well.'

'Another attack? Where?' And they left while talking.

They were halfway trough the hall when Lucian turned around and came back.

'I have some packbusiness to attend to. You'll be fine on your own. When everything is settled I'll come and get you.' With that he turned around and left.

My plate was already half filled so I went to search a place to sit.

When I passed by a table an old friendly looking lady with red hair stood up and asked me to sit by her side.

'So how has Lucian been to you? I know he can be a little harsh sometimes.' When she saw my startled look she introduced herself.

'I'm melinda, I'm Lucians mom. You are the girl who found him in the woods, Claire, Aren't you?'

'Yes mam and he's been behaving well.'

'Ah,just call me Melinda and I didn't expect anything else. He likes you.'

I felt my cheeks redden.

'He doesn't like me, we barely know each other.'

'That might be so but he still likes you, I can see it in the way he looks at you.He gives you way more attention than he ever showed another woman. He thinks you're interesting and he feels a connection but he doesn't realise what it means yet.'

'What does it mean?'

'You'll figure that one out yourself.' She smiled at me lovingly like I was her long lost daughter or something. 

Weird, I hope she doen't expect to much of me. I don't want to dissapoint her.

After thet litlle conversation we ate in silence fotr a while.

'I think I'll have to find a new companion.'

'Huh...'

'Oh there you are, I see you've already met my mother.'

Lucian was coming our way. I smiled at him. Melinda saw it and gave me a pointed look. I blushed.

'So she's already made you blush, that's nothing new.' He smiled and winked at his mother.

'Are you ready to go, Claire?'

'Sure, where are we going?'

He smiled mischievously at me and started walking. 

'Oh you's like to know the awnser, don't you? Why you aren't lucky today. It's a suprise. he responded playfully.

And so we left the dining hall and went out into the woods. It was already getting dark.

After walking for some 15minutes he stopped and turned to the left. he held up a low hanging branch from a tree and told me to continue. Not ten feet away from us was a field of flowers in the middle of a clearing. 

When we etered the clearing I saw there were quite some flowers on the field. We could see all the stars from here and it was magnificent.

'Whauw, it's so beautifull!' 

'Yeah, I come here to watch the stars and be alone for a while.'

We sat down and looked at the stars for awhile. You could see alot more stars than in the city due to all the lights there. I felt totaly confortable and lay down on my back to have a better view.

I shot a look at Lucian. He sat relaxed with his arms losely on his legs, his hands mere inches seperated from mine. He looked like a god with his serene face and pitch black hair due to the lack of light. He had a high cheekbone a leane,muscled body and full red lips.

He cought me staring and smiled seductively at me.

Then he lay down his arm and leg mushing mine with every breath we took. I felt my body tingling from the contact.

After lieing there for some time I fell asleep.