chapter one

chapter one

I was just settling for bed, I was already wearing my pjama's and ready to brush my teeth, when my phone rang.

I checks the caller-id, who would call me this late, and see it's mikky.

'Hy mikky, what's up?' Some papers rustling.

'Ah claire, sorry for calling this late. I've just received a letter from my aunt, the one with a luxuous cabin in the woods, in wich she invites us to stay there for a while we can also take some friends with us. I've already asked Jessica and Tom.' Does mikky respond in her enthousiast high-pitched voice.

oh so jessica and Tom are also going, hopefully they'll remember me being there this time but i dont think so.I tries not to sound too disgusted for my best friends sake but some drips out.

'Oh that sounds nice, but you know i don't like woods.'

'Oh come-on it'll be fun! We just have to drive trough the woods and then we'll jut stay in the cabin, pretty pretty please!'mikky uses the pouty voice she knows Claire can not resist.' I sighs audibly.

'Alright, but you'll be the one who drives!' at the other side of the phone mikky squeals in delight.

'okay, i'll drive as long as you come with me!' I roll my eyes at her never ending enthousiasm.

'Yes, i'll come. Can i sleep now?'

'Yes grumpy-pants, I'll text you tomorrow when i'll come and get you.'

'Alright, goodnight.' 'Night.' I try to fall asleep but my half-sleeping mind is waking up and it downs on me to what i've agreed and my thougts keep spinning in my head

.

How could I say yes to a stay in a cabin in the middle of the woods where i've never been before?! Maybe I can still take it back. She looks at her phone. Take it back and do what? Dissapoint my best friend, stay in my little appartment the rest of the summer like the no-liver I am? No, maybe Mikky was right. Maybe it'll be fun, we'll see.

In the end i'm so tired I finally fall asleep

the next day

I wake way to early because of the vibrating phone next to me. Who would text me at 6AM during the hollidays?

 I get up and clumsyly and see it's a text from Mikky;

Good morning :)

i'll be there in an hour

be ready!

XxX Mikky XxX

Shit, I'll never be ready in one hour! 

I hurrie to the bathroom and quickly brushes my teeth and start packing. I have no idea what I have to pack to stay in the woods for I don't know how long but in the end i manage to fill my bag with what I think is enough.

I'm just zipping my bag closed when I hear the horn of a car outside my window, only seconds later the door bell rings. 

Whow, does that girl ever sleep?.

'Hy, are you there? We have to leave immediately if we want to be their by noon,Tom and Jessica will also be there and I want to be settled by then.' Mikky's happy voice carries through the door.

I swing my bag over my shoulder and do a quick sheck if i haven't forgotten something important before i open the door.

Mikky stands there fully rested and beautifful like she always is with her golden hair, baby blue eyes and and slim but curvy frame that makes all the boys swoon. Somethimes I ask myself why Mikky would want to be friends with me, I mean i'm not pretty but just ordinary with my brown hair and brown eyes. I'm someone you don't know exists until someone introduces you but somehow Mikky thinks I'm much more and I try to never dissapoint her..

I put my bag in the car and then we leave.

please comment :)

I'd really appreciate your opinion <3