𝐈𝐕. la push

Start from the beginning

     The familiar sight of Tyler's van greeted me, along with Angela waving from one of the backseats. Letting out a giggle, I waved back with a warm smile.

     "Hey, guys. Nice dent, Tyler. What'd you do? Hit somebody on the way over?" The gang all let out a few laughs, Tyler shaking his head with a sigh.

      "That's a whole other story," he shook his head.

     "La Push, baby! La push!"

     "Eric, shut up! That's, like, the sixth time you've said that, in what? Fifteen minutes?"

     I chuckled, shaking my head. This was going to be quite the outing.

༻༺

     We drove for what felt like forever, eventually pulling into a gravel parking lot. Eric had given me a rundown of the place, how it was placed on a reservation. He explained the locals, the Quileute Tribe, and how all the kids were homeschooled. I was for once was interested in what he had to say.

     As Jessica, Mike, and Eric suited up, Angela and I sat in the car, The door was open, our legs were hanging out. We spoke quietly about nothing in particular, mainly how we weren't going to surf.

     "I always tell them how cold it's going to be, they never listen,"

     "Sounds about right," I hummed.

     "In the next fifteen minutes, they'll walk back over complaining about how freezing they are. Teeth chattering and all," Angela spoke.

     "Angela! Zip me up?"

     We let out a sigh at Jessica's voice, as Angela moved to help the high-maintenance girl. Of course, Jessica ignored my existence.

     Looking out at the gloomy beach, I pursed my lips. It was... pretty, but not the ideal spring break destination.

     "I'm gonna go on a walk. My head kind of hurts," I hoped my excuse for wanting to be alone worked, and luckily, it did.

     Angela smiled at me, silently letting me know she understood. Jessica didn't look over.

     So, I made my way off down the beach, inhaling the salty air that whisked around me with every step. The further I got from the group, the quieter my surroundings were. I was a good ways away from everyone. Waves crashed, seagulls sang wildly...

     Perhaps the place deserved more credit. It was lovely, in its own Forks-y way, of course.

     Continuing down the sandy path, I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I lost myself in the scenery. I began to whistle a broken tune, zoning out.

     Taking a breather, I pursed my lips to begin again when I heard someone copy the little song I had only just created.

     I slowly stopped, eyes looking around. Upon seeing no one, I shrugged it off, telling myself it was probably a bird. I continued to walk and whistle.

     Seconds after I began again, I heard it – my tune repeated back to me. I halted once more, eyebrows now furrowed in confusion. Whatever it was, it definitely wasn't a bird. It sounded too accurate, too human-like.

     "Who's there?"

     It felt like forever before I heard the rustling of some leaves. I looked towards the forest line on my right, waiting patiently, silently. It was then I noticed a quick movement amongst the trees and bushes.

     Backing up, I sharply inhaled. Was someone following me? I was all alone, far from my friends. Fuck, I didn't even have my pepper spray on me...