{Part Twelve ~ Veronica's POV}

Steve and I drove all over town and when we finished, we did it again. Afterward, we went to my house for cake. My parents were still out of town so he'd be fine to stay as late as he wanted.
We finished the cake in no time and soon snuggled up on the couch. His arm stayed wrapped around me through the entire movie we sat down to watch.
"Soda really likes your friend, is she as good as she seems?"
I was quick to answer, "Even better."
"That's funny, she said the same thing about you."
I turned in confusion but was met with a kiss instead.
I pulled back after a minute.
I was about to lean in again when I heard rain starting to pound against the windows. Then came the flash of lightning and the sound of thunder.
I subconsciously slid into Steve.
"Scared of a storm?" He asked.
I shrugged his question off, "No, the thunder was just loud."
He smirked, "Sure."
He put his arm around me and pulled me closer.
I snuggled closer just as there was a knock at the door.
I made no move to answer because I wasn't expecting anyone.
Steve rolled his eyes and got up to do it. He opened to door to Bailey.
She was speaking before she realized it wasn't me, "Guess what happened with Soda-" She saw she was talking to Steve, "-Nothing! That's what happened." She laughed awkwardly. "So, uh, what are you doing here Steve?"
I walked up behind him, "We were watching a movie but the power went out with the lightning."
She turned to leave, "I'll just head home, have fun!"
Steve stopped, "Actually, it's late. I should head home. You two have fun."
He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and walked out the door.
"Sorry to interrupt your fun," Bailey smirked.
I rolled my eyes and lead her upstairs to my bedroom. I pulled out two night gowns and threw one to Bailey.
We slept at each other's houses frequently mostly because our parents couldn't care less and we enjoyed each other's company.
We climbed under covers and she started telling me all about Soda walking her home and how he had officially asked her to be his girlfriend.