Chapter one: Strangely Intriguing

image of Nadia on the side

--------------------------------------------------

I saw it; I couldn’t quite make anything out of it but the fact that I had seen it. He made it disappear, the lights, all in a quick and sudden movement they were out. It was pitch black and It’s as if I was blind, nothing but pure darkness surrounded me. I was petrified, and intrigued at the same time, what was he? I needed to know, I wanted to know. A few seconds later the lights flickered back on and he was nowhere to be found. I was left standing alone in an empty hallway.

Earlier that day.....

I awoke to find my room cold, the window had been left open from the night before and snow had quickly gathered on the floor. Getting up from the bed I walked towards the window to close it while stepping on the soft layered snow which covered the space in front of my window. I took a glance at the clock and realized I had to get ready for school, thank goodness it was Friday already.Withought hesitating I got inside the bathroom and took a quick shower, brushing my teeth while I was at it.                      

                When I finished I got the clothes I had already picked for school before I had gone to bed last night. I chose to wear a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, a light blue V-neck shirt that had the words Bite Me written on it, and one of my favorite pair of DC shoes. I always preferred the black and white ones with the blue laces and bottom.

   After I had gotten dressed I brushed my hair and put it up in a bun leaving my bangs out to my left side. I then moved on to my makeup which took less than a minute, I put on black eyeliner and mascara. I was all set. I was a simple girl; I didn’t admire lipstick or eye shadow. I preferred the natural look much better, it suited me perfectly. On my way out I grabbed my iPhone, my book bag, and my black leather jacket. Looking at the time again I realized I only had 20 minutes to get to school. I ran down the stairs as fast I could. I noticed my mom had breakfast prepared on the table, my dad and annoying little brother where eating.

"Hey sweeties are you going to eat something. “She said while filling my dad's cup with coffee.

"No it’s alright; I'll get something at school. If I don’t leave now I'll be late ." I said while opening the front door. I usually had to wait for Ryder to come and get me but since I was running behind he was already parked outside. Getting in the passenger’s side my 15 year old brother came running."You’d thought you’d get away from me now didn’t you." he said almost out of breath as he sat on the back behind me . He was obnoxious, and rude , a player. He had all the qualities I disliked in a guy, but he was my brother so I had to cope with it.

"One can only wish." Ryder said with a smirk . He was one of my best friends , and since I didn’t have a car we drove me almost everywhere. Almost everyone would say that we would make a cute couple , but that was impossible. No matter what he would never like me , its not like I wanted him to cause I didn’t like him either. But his taste wasn’t the same as most guys in our school, he wasn’t into girls because he was gay. 

When we first became friends it took him a while to tell me since he felt like I would stop hanging out with him or judge him. The only people who knew about this was his father, his two brothers and me. His mom never got to find out since she had tragically died in a car accident on his ninth birthday. The people who knew where okay with it, the one who had taken the news the worst had been his older brother Nate. But he eventually accepted it and moved on.                                              

I always enjoyed listening to Ryder talk about the guys he was interested in , it entertained me on how similar I would get when I liked someone .In my case I always went for the bad boys, they had this gravitational pull that just made me want them.