The Confrontation••

It's been two days since I found out about my husband's sin, I wasn't so angry anymore,just sad. I could never give Akin kids. All those trips , he called me all the time , so when? How long ago? How long really mattered a lot to me.
Watering my flowers , reliving the moments when my husband used to come back home, breathing in the evening air. No illegitimate child had contacted me, I guess I would never know the sin and that was totally okay. But if this child showed up , I had no intention of denying the him the property Akin willed to him. It's okay Mary... deep breaths...I was self therapeutic before a phone call rudely interrupted me. 
   Hello good-day, the male baritone voice speaking was unfamiliar,  Good day Mary Samson how can I help you? Maybe it was work. After all I told no one why I was absent , "my name is Taju" the caller said. My heart sunk in my belly for seconds, for Christ sake Akin! This child sounded all grown ,early twenties definitely ,must have been our first years of marriage. Hello are you there?.. yes I am , you said you are Taju by name? Yes ma that's correct , I guess you know why I am calling , i would like to meet with you.  I had so many emotions, go tell your whore mother to find the man she tried to trap with pregnancy because I don't know who you are or what you are talking about!! this were my thoughts trying to escape but instead I said when would you like to meet?  .. uhmm in an hour if you don't mind?.. yes sure .an hour is just fine , I'll send my address to you.  Ok ma thanks .   
     My palms were all sweaty , i kept pacing the living room up and down, I had updated my aunt. She said Mary ,don't worry I'm here with you, Teni! Come here my child , You'll be my rock today, Teni grasped my hand...oh child.  You should take a bath "mum" and relax, nothing bad can happen ,uncle Akin already wrote everything out. I chucked , thinking ...yes uncle Akin really did. Just you wait for me Akin . I took my child's advice,took a bath and was so much calmer , while I waited for Taju with his willed documents , wondering who he would come with .  He sounded respectful abi? Aunty Tinuke's voice breaking me out of my thoughts , yes Aunty he did.. Ehen now! No need , I'm sure he is a good child, let's just be good people too and everything will be fine eh Mary. Yes ma. Good people....

Door bell rings... Teni stands to get it....
sit baby, I would get it ... counting each steps,taking deep controlled breaths, I finally got to the door , my heart skipped a beat ... a spitting image of my Akin, a tall beautiful man stood before me, his age I had guessed correctly, he seemed to be taking in my sight too, he approved I could tell,after all I was a great looking woman. Good evening ma,I am Taju, unsure what my expression should be I let out a polite smile, come in Taju,I am Mary.  Aunty Tinuke who had preached niceness had hostility in her eyes, I almost laughed ,I saw my mother in her, I signaled her to calm down.
Taju seemed so comfortable on my black leather chair , he looked too much like Akin,it brought me pain, so let's get right into it ,I said, breaking the silence, wanting him gone as fast as he had come , my husband left this land for you I said handing the documents over to him. He took the documents ,while holding my gaze. 
....I never knew he was my father you know , I always thought he was a really nice man just bringing us gifts, he must have really loved you to have kept me at arms length so you don't hurt. I sensed resentment in his voice  , I thought to myself , well I did not ask for any of this.
  Taju was going through the documents ,without excitement In his eyes , the land Akin left was over 15million,one would have expected gratitude especially coming from a man you did not know you were entitled to. Pftt,  whatever .just leave I thought to myself .   This is my part .
  This can't possibly be all my father left to me:..  excuse you? I blurted out, your father? You must be kidding me,you said it yourself you had no idea you even had a father ,you should be grateful..do you know how much that property is worth?   Oh I know all too well, I'm into real estates and I also know my father's net worth, I was in utter disbelief, Teni threw a dirty look at him.. my child..., Aunty Tinuke was bewildered,  Oya uncle Taju or what is it they call you? You have the documents ,come and leave us sharp sharp.. she stood up,adjusting her wrapper on her chest , I can see you are a very spoilt and ungrateful man. 
Taju stood up as he chuckled.. I would leave but I would be back.. I have my eyes set on a price and I would get it.  This young man might be the spiting image of my husband but he was nothing like him.