Chapter 12: Oh Brother

'You're just a daydream away'

(WARNING: IT'S NOT THE BEST CHAPTER I'VE WRITTEN AND IT'S VERY SHORT.)

Happy reading <3

Chapter 12:

Maybe it was because of all the extra homework I had been getting or the amount of time I had been spending with Carter I didn't realise when the week passed and when I woke up it was Friday morning and I felt heavy weight on my stomach.

"Ahh." I groaned and my eyes flew open and landed on my brother sitting on my stomach and smiling smugly at me.

"That woke you up." He said and got off me and found a comfortable spot on my bed.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You could've killed me with all that extra weight!" I sat up and rubbed my tummy.

"Extra weight? It's called muscles sweetheart." He said and flexed for me.

"Yeah whatever. I'm going to get ready for-" my eyes landed on the clock on the side table and my eyes widened. "Oh my god it's 10:30!!! I'm so late for school!" I said panicking as I scrambled around the bed looking for god knows what.

Jai sat on my bed with an amused look on his face. "Why are you not in school?" I asked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Because we're not going to school today." He simply said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You heard me. Now get dressed, we're going to the beach."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The beach had always been me and my brothers' favourite place to go. We learnt how to surf there and we spent majority of our time there. I was a surprise that Jai willingly missed school especially today. Today was the day we had the first match of the season and I knew that the coach would have his ass when he finds out.

"Don't worry about it Liv." Was all he said when I asked him about it.

I wasn't really complaining though. A day on the beach with my brother sounded like am amazing idea. It was no secret that him and me were closer than siblings normally are. But losing our parents sort of made us like that since we didn't really have anyone else to depend upon.

We reached the beach and I inhaled deeply and smiled wide.

"I like the way you think." I smiled as I put my sunglasses on and took out my beach bag.

"I knew you would. I mean there isn't a better way to hang out with you." Jai smiled and took off his shirt as we walked to the beach.

"Atleast wait till we get near the water show off." I pushed him as I found us a spot near the water.

He just simply winked at me and sat down on the towel I had placed on the sand.

"Do you wanna surf a bit later? I have my friend working up at the shack and I got our boards waxed."

"You really did think this through didn't you?" I shook my head as I looked around the almost empty beach "but yes I do."

"Ofcourse I had to! I mean we haven't gotten time to talk properly in like forever so the least I could do was make sure you're having fun especially when I got you out of school."

"Thanks." I smiled and lay down basking in the sun.

"How's Carter been treating ya?" Jai asked after a while.

"Like a perfect gentleman." I replied without hesitation and Jai snorted.

"Sure sure." I could swear he was rolling his eyes under his sun glasses. "You know I still don't like him right?"