Chapter Fifteen

(Saturday)

*◇*◇*◇
Stewart and Detective Stiles walked in the police station and were greeted by Rickie who told them the plans for today. Today was the memorial for Vasco. Everyone at the station was both working and helping set up the event that was going to start at nine O' clock am. Next week on a Monday they were going to hold a funeral service. Mrs. Jameston was expected to be there. They never had children, in fact, they had only been married for three short years before the death of Vasco. Quite sad as they wanted to have children later in the future. Now it was to never happen.

Mrs. Jameston was now a widow left with no one to care for her. She was to grow old and die alone, unless she got married for the second time. Detective Stiles and Stewart worked on setting up the event, quietly exchanging expressions back at each other, but not one spoke a word as they feared of breaking the ear piercing silence. They wanted to keep the silence, but Alan interrupted it by coming in the room loudly without a care in the world.

"Where's Rickie?" He asked almost shouting.

Both Stewart and the detective turned their full attention on him dropping whatever they were doing.

"He's not in here." Stewart replied quietly.

Alan didn't reply and exited the room. Stewart could feel what was going on in his heart. He was hurt but trying to distract himself with other things by calling for Rickie when he didn't actually need him. Detective Stiles could feel it, too, just by seeing how Alan was acting and how he was loudly talking.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
Karson hadn't been outside in public since the death of his only child. He did this to avoid the reporters, and the recent event of him getting fired from the role in the movie he was supposed to be in. He also hadn't talked to his father much either. He'd actually been avoiding him so he wouldn't have to talk to him about the film and how he was 'doing'. He didn't want to tell him the truth because he know what would happen if he did.

Lesley and Karson had been discussing over the funeral costs (which was no big deal to them) and the date. They hadn't set up an exact date but they wanted to have the funeral soon so they could get it over with, so they didn't have to look forward to doing it if they were postponing the date. Lesley wasn't sure if she could have the heart to attend her daughter's funeral. It was already hard enough to have to bury her at such a young age. The police hadn't contacted her if they had a leading suspect, but she wanted to be the first to know when they did. Whatever was going through that murderer's head was beyond her. She and everyone else wanted this man behind bars for as long as he lived.

Outside in the Kelling's garden while everyone was inside, behind the bushes crouched a man. He had been watching the family for a sometime now. Not even the guards that were scheduled the patrol the back garden didn't notice him. The man stepped back so he could stand and walked out of the garden through a side gate while somehow being able to evade the guards' keen eyes.

He closed the gate silently and walked down the street like any ordinary person. He walked over to a vehicle which he parked a block away and got inside and started it up. He got home fully satisfied about his plan.

A week later...

It was raining on the day of Katelynn's funeral. It seemed to typical for all funerals. The sky was cloudy and not a hint of sunlight came out to greet the day. It stayed behind the clouds. Everyone was wearing black and had black umbrellas which matched what they had on to keep them dry. Lesley had a handkerchief in her hand. Tears strolled down her face as the cofin in which her daughter layed was being put into the ground.

This was a last goodbye until her death. Karson stood by her feeling exactly what she was feeling. Hurt. They hadn't found out who the culprit was yet. Emmaline was crying on her husband's shoulder and the children also had tears coming out. The pastor's word's ended with, "May you know Wholeness and Peace now and through all eternity." He closed his book and they stood in silence.