Chapter Six

The total minutes to get to the police station was only about three minutes, so the Hendrickson household were used to hearing the sirens in the night and during the day time. And they never thought they were ever going to need them. Rickie immediately led Bryant straight to his office and had him wait there while he went to grab some important information that were of course Bryant's record files. Rickie had this fear of leaving Bryant alone for too long so he did not happily take his time getting the papers out of the file cabinet.

Stewart and some of the other policemen were expected to come back later on while the rest of the crew was told to stay at the mansion and continue on searching up some clues so they wouldn't fall behind on schedule. Rickie came in the office in a hurry and went behind his desk placing the papers on the desk and then sitting in his chair after. He gestured his hand outward signaling Bryant to sit. Bryant followed his request with his hands uncomfortably behind his back with the handcuffs keeping his wrists close together.

Rickie started going through Bryant's records looking at each page one by one for a while until he got to the end. He sighed as he evened the papers again and placed them back down on the empty space on the office desk in front of him. He looked up at Bryant.

"It seems that you don't have any criminal records on your files, Mr?" Rickie said as he paused after saying 'mr.'

"It's Smith." Bryant answered for the man in front of him.

"Thank you." Rickie said quietly before continuing what he had to finish what he wanted to say. "If you're sure that you did not commit the murder, I just don't see how evidence is starting to point right at you."

"What do you mean?" Bryant couldn't help but ask. "What evidence?"

Rickie stayed silent for a moment before replying. "I mean the knife, the bottle," He started.

Bryant started to understand more what Rickie meant. "I mean you were lying unconscious on the floor next to a corpse. I'm not sure if you knew that until you were fully awake."

Bryant shuddered at the word 'corpse' when Rickie said it. It was not usual for a killer or suspect to shudder at the word corpse as it is being said. "No, sir."

"Mr. Smith, do you think that you could've been drunk when you murdered her?"

"No, sir." There was a pause before Bryant continued on. "I was at the bar, but I never drank anything heavy."

"Mr. Smith, when you told us that you were in the lobby, you got pulled from your group and then got knocked out, then how did you get to the bar, and how do you remember?" This was a great question to ask. Bryant became silent and didn't speak for about a five minutes.

"Well, I didn't get fully knocked out as the person wished I did. Most of it is a blur but I then ended up running into the bar and decided to get a drink to wake up."

Rickie nodded silently and looked at the clock. It was almost nine, Stewart and half of the crew should be coming in soon.

"Mr. Smith, I'm going to ask a few personal questions about your family and then Stewart will take over when he arrives." Rickie explained.

"Who are you married to?"

"Emmaline Hendrickson."

"And who is she related to?"

"Her older brother is Jude, and her twin is Karson."

"And who are they related to?"

"Do you just need to know who is related to who?"

"Yes."

"Can I have a paper and a pen?"

"Sure." Rickie handed him a pen and paper.