Chapter One

It was a sunny day today and Katelynn Hendrickson, the daughter of two rich actors was having her seventh birthday in two more days, yet therefore there was still more planning to do and little time left. All of her relatives that were invited had finally arrived today. Her great-grandfather unfortunately was too sick to come for her birthday but did send her some gifts which her parents were hiding in their closet until her birthday.

There was one relative Katelynn's father, Karson, who didn't invite was - his father, Sherman Hendrickson. His father is nice a man but he and his father didn't have a good relationship between each other. They had a falling out with each other but that happened years ago, they were eventually able to work out things together. The reasons for why he didn't invite his father was for personal reasons and Katelynn only had met him once when she was a baby, so she wouldn't remember meeting him.

Katelynn was outside playing tag with her three girl cousins. She had a total of five cousins, her other two cousins were out in the garden climbing. Of course the boys' mothers' did not approve of this since they knew their sons should behave better and act more of their age than eight year olds.

Bryler, the oldest out of Katelynn's five cousins was fourteen. He was usually good about acting his age, though, sometimes he just liked to loosen up and acted much like he was eight.

Rafael was the second eldest cousin and he's twelve. He liked to take charge and was an only child just like Katelynn: also, from Lesley's side of the family.

Then Shaelyn came in third eldest making her eleven, just a year younger than Rafael. Shaelyn enjoyed hanging out with Tayla since they were close to her age.

Tayla came in forth eldest cousin and is a year younger than Shaelyn and looked up to her as a role model so they like to dress up and talk about their futures of who they want to be.

And then we have Blaire who was eight and was Shaelyn's younger sister. Another thing to add, she was very close with Katelynn, they like to hang out and share their thoughts. They to get into trouble every so often but they're just kids and that was gow kids were back in the dayl. But luckily they're able to learn from their mistakes and move on with their lives.

And of course we have Katelynn, the sixth cousin of them all and youngest. She loves to learn new things everyday and hang out with everyone she knows well.

It was now nearing lunch time and the maid responsible to check and take care of Katelynn everyday called the kids from outside to come in and wash up for lunch. All the kids run over back to where the maid is and they all come in to wash up. "Melina, what are we having for lunch?" Katelynn asked as she felt her stomach softly growl in hunger. "We're having soup, salad, and fish, milady." The maid answered and she led the kids inside back into the mansion so they can wash up and head for lunch and meet everyone there.

Everyone came one by one to the dining room table and then finally everyone was there seated at their tables. The maid started serving everyone's meals. Katelynn was seated by her cousins and the adults were sitting together. So the children had their own side and the adults had the other side. Today Lesley decided to change things a bit and have the children have their own side of the table. When lunch was finished Katelynn and her cousins went outside and continued playing outside. Every now and then, Katelynn was called by Melina, her maid so she could pick out the decorations for her birthday.

Everyone was in a rush like it was the last minute before the great day. Lesley kept the household running and started putting up Katelynn's favorite color of streamers neatly placed around the house. There was still a lot of things to do that they had to do before Katelynn's birthday. They were getting the cake made, making sure all the presents for the birthday girl had all arrived safely and making sure everything looked presentable especially for a seven year old's birthday.