"The strawberries from this morning. The ones that we thought were from the maids. They're from my dream-"

"The one with that faerie?" I ask.

"Yes. In the dream, he gave me strawberries. Said to eat them with my friends. There were five. One for me, one for Jenna, Jessica, Abby, and Gabby. Maybe they...hold some sort of power."

"Are you serious?" Abby asks, her dark eyes watching Katie closely.

Katie turns to look at Abby, her eyes completely serious, scared, and amazed. Amazed that we've walked to some type of luck, luck that could help us win this war. "I'm dead serious." She says, her face emotionless like a doll. 

"Katie, you're scaring me." Jessica says, her dark eyes looking around the room, "Just think about it, really think about it. Faeries...they don't exist. Neither do powers. Honestly, I just want to go home."

Katie stands from the chair, her eyes somehow shining even in the dark lighting of the night, the moon now providing most of the light in the large bedroom provided by the government. "Go home to what? To who? Think about it...since we got here have any of you thought about your families? Do you remember your families? Because I don't, I don't remember what my mom looked like, what her name was." She looks at me, her eyes softening, as she asks silently, "Do you remember your brother? Your dad?" She asks me.

Looking down, I go through my childhood memories, summers riding horses, weekdays riding the four-wheeler. And my parents there, helping me learn how to ride a bike but...they don't have a face. No identity. Like they've never existed. 

"You are changing the subject. We're talking about superpowers, Katie! Not about some memories that you expect us to remember!" Abby says, interrupting my thoughts.

"She grew a flower out my ear! Did you see that? There is blood running from her nose! I don't know about you, but I've never seen Gabby get a random nosebleed, and that's not some normal nosebleed either, that's like some Stranger Things shit right there." She yells back, her face turning red, the most blazing I've ever seen her...ever. "You think I want to be here? Think I'd somehow make all this up in my mind? Well Abby, if you don't believe me, then you can go. This is already hard enough, and if you wanna get caught then fine, see if I care!" I frown after Katie says that to Abby, making me want to go in between them and stop this. Friends shouldn't fight.

"You want me to go?" Abby questions, her eyes changing, the aura around her becoming suffocating from her heat. 

I say, "Guys stop, friends shouldn't fight-"

"Jenna, it's normal for friends to fight," Katie yells, her voice even more harsh, sharper than a knife, something invincible that could cut more than just skin. "Not everything is just going to be a drama free breezy life! If anything, it's healthy for friends to fight!" She lets out a breath, a tear coming down her round cheek, "I'm not lying! I believe it all! We all have powers! Those strawberries did something to all of us! It healed my toe for goodness sake-"

A knock on the door silences all of us. Silences Abby's mind silences Katie's words and my thoughts. Jessica, being her already calmed cool, collective self goes to open the door. "Hello?" She says, but stepping back right when she sees who's there.

"We heard...yelling," Tony says, his eyes taking in the feel of the room, and finally, behind him, Zane walks in. 

"Zane?" I say, not being able to stop it coming out. After he showed me around the other day, it almost felt like he had disappeared.