𝐈𝐈𝐈. a test

Start from the beginning

     "Hey, um, are you waiting for a ride?" Bella's quiet voice asked me curiously. I was about to respond when I noticed Edward's looming figure behind Bella. He was as still as a statue.

      "Well, y-yeah, but uh, he should be here any minute–" I stuttered out, clumsily attempting to take out my phone. As soon as I did, I saw a text from Daylin.

      "Hey, working on a big case at work... can't give you a ride. I'm so sorry Eve, can you try to get a ride from a friend? Call me if you can't."

      My face fell, and my shoulders slouched. "Well... I was waiting for a ride. But, looks like he–"

      "I'll give you a ride!"

      A new voice spoke up, one that was light and higher pitched. I looked towards the owner, spotting Alice Cullen. She bounded towards us, her toothy grin sparkly and bright as ever. She was beautiful, breathtakingly so.

      I blushed, wondering how she'd even heard us. Where did she come from? I looked behind the girl, and my eyes fell on Jasper, who was leaning against an expensive looking black car. He gave me a grin, and for some reason, driving with Alice didn't seem like the weirdest idea.

      "Um... Uh, s-sure," I nervously giggled, moving some pieces of hair behind my ear. Edward and Bella gave me a look of confusion, and I could've sworn I saw Edward glare at Alice.

      But, the fairylike girl didn't seem to care. She simply laughed, linking arms with me as she began pulling me off towards the black car.

      "Alice, Bella and I can take her ho–"

      "Nonsense. You already have to drop Bella off, there's no need to waste more gas. Jasper and I can get her home!"

      There was no more arguing, not in Alice's mind. She had won, smirking triumphantly at Edward as I – unbeknownst to the "competition" – got in the backseat.

༻༺

      Edward grimaced. As far as he was concerned, the new girl had just entered the lion's den itself. He begrudgingly followed Bella back to his Volvo, feeling tenser than before. He couldn't help but think about a conversation he'd had earlier with his siblings. . .

      "She noticed Emmett was gone."

      Edward stared intensely at Jasper as he said this, his words also alerting the rest of the table.

     "She? Who's she?" Rosalie sneered, crossing her arms.

      "The Crawford girl, the one Bella mentioned. Who else would I be speaking of?"

      At this, Rosalie huffed and kept quiet. The Cullens had been well aware of who Evelyn Crawford was, ever since Emmett had come home from school on Tuesday with an aching body and thirst that he couldn't quench.

      Alice held Jasper's arm, and unlike her siblings, she looked excited. Edward caught this, his eyes narrowing at her.

    "Alice, what did you see?" He didn't bother wasting time, getting straight to the point.

     "Oh, nothing..."