Prologue

"Beas!"
I was in my room studying. When Di called out to me. I went to her. "What is it Di?" She never calls out to me like that.
"Well can you join Maa and Baba in living room? We are going to have a important talk."
"Really? But there are people there."
"Yes. Exactly. Go. And please put on some decent and good clothes."
Well I changed my nighty. And wore a skirt and blouse. When I entered the room I saw a couple of age almost equal or bit more than my parents. Though the man was almost bald head. And the lady was fat enough, followed by wrinkles. And my parents still looked like they were 20. Yup. They're really self conscious.
"And this is my younger daughter, Tapajita." Said Maa when I got in.
"Namaste!" I said, folding my hands in Namaskar.
"Wow. How cute daughters you have. You are are lucky woman Didi." The lady said to Maa.
"No no. Even you have a nice young lad." My mother added.
Young lad? At this point I took notice of a young man sitting next to that couple. Wait isn't that Shirshandu? This guy is in your business. Quite but nice guy. But this can't be possible!

I felt the room and joined my sister who was in our bedroom. Sitting on the bed edge, holding the wood tight. I came in and locked the door behind me.
"This is not possible! Is it Di?"
"Yes. It is happening!" She said in almost choking voice. Without making eye contact.
"But you are too young."
"I am already 27!"
Yes probably she was old enough for this. But. Ok. Time to accept reality. My one and only sister is getting married!