Preference 1

You suspect them of being the Chesapeake Ripper...

Hannibal: it started out as a joke. He served you liver for dinner, surprisingly the same organ that was missing from the latest victim. You laughed and said, "oh, don't tell me you're the ripper!" The look he gave you after you spoke frightened you. It was as if he were.. Amused. And proud. The whole room was silent for a moment as Will and Alana shot each other an unreadable glance. Hannibal finally chuckled and the conversation moved on to a different topic. The empty look in his eyes stuck with you. It was all you could think about later that night and his smirking face even appeared in your dreams. That was when your suspicion truly began.

Will: Will was definitely starting to act weird. He told you that he'd wake up and be somewhere else. That he couldn't remember things and that his nights were plagued by nightmares. Finally, you decided to stop worrying and started looking for answers. You went right to his doctor, Hannibal Lecter. Dr. Lecter was rightly concerned about this although you had a feeling he already knew about Will's issues. Hannibal told you that Jack Crawford was pushing Will too hard and then it occurred to you- the ripper had been more active since Will was working. You cared so much for Will, but the whole thing was off. You had to take a break from your own relationship for your own sanity and possibly safety. Of course, this was all part of Dr. Lecter's plan. You breaking up with Will would be another stressor that might push him over the edge.

Dr. Chilton: You never really thought your boyfriend could be capable of violence. That was, until you got the call that Abel Gideon and FBI agents had been found dead and mutilated in his house. Frederick had a personal vendetta against Abel Gideon and he was the only one in the house. And besides, who else but the ripper could do that sort of violence? Frederick fit the profile. While he was in jail, Frederick wrote you letters. It made you sick to think about him. You'd trusted him and loved him and he was a serial killer! You couldn't  stand to read the letters so you threw them out. If you had read them, you'd have known he was innocent and that the real monster was right under your nose.

Freddie Lounds: it didn't seem possible that Freddie was the ripper. True, she had a penchant for lying, and doing anything for a new story. She covered each ripper murder in detail- details that only the murderer or people working on the case would know about. As Agent Jack Crawford cuffed her to bring her in for questioning, a million thoughts raced through your mind. Where had she been the nights of the murders? How come it seemed like she was always finding the bodies? The next day they released her. You told her the truth, that you had doubted her, and she got pissed and didn't talk to you for a week.