Chapter 20

"Thought You'd Never Ask"

The rest of the day passed in a blur and night saw Shivaay and Anika laying on the hammock on the side of the villa, quietly listening to the sea waves.

Anika was almost on top of Shivaay and there was no doubt they both were peaceful. His hand was around her waist, hers on his chest. They had their dinner quickly and Shivaay insisted on taking her to the villa because she looked so tired but when they were here, he lead her to the backside and showed her the hammock, having her all excited.

"This feels so good." Shivaay mumbled, turning a little so he could look at her.

"This feels impossible. Khidkitod Anika and Bagadh Billa, dating each other."

"My family would say otherwise." Shivaay winked.

"How did they know?"

"Maybe they knew you wouldn't be able to resist Shivaay Singh Oberoi for long." Shivaay smirked and Anika playfully rolled her eyes. "Or maybe they knew that this Shivaay will find his way to Anika." he continued, staring at her intently.

Anika smiled softly. Shifting a little, she leaned and placed a kiss on his jaw and Shivaay's grip on her waist tightened. Before she could guess, he pulled her above himself conpletely and took her lips in a kiss, his hand moving to her hair. Anika was shocked for a mere second before she eagerly kissed him back, hands moving to his shoulders and slowly to the back of his head. As they pulled away, Anika gave him a khidkitod smile and rested her head on his chest, feeling his accelarated heartbeat. Poking him where his heart lay, she mumbled, "Didn't know I could have this effect on you."

"Oh you don't know how much you do." Shivaay kissed her forehead.

---

The next morning, Shivaay frowned as he woke up to an empty bed. He frowned and heard the door click and looked to find Anika all dressed up and hurrying about.

"Good morning girlfriend."

Anika froze as she heard his raspy voice. Turning to him, she grinned. "Good morning boyfriend." She looked on as a beautiful smile made its way to his lips.

"Now I have to hurry." With that she ran outside the room and Shivaay heard the clatter of vessels from the kitchen. Getting off the bed, he decided to freshen up before meeting Anika.

When he came outside, he saw Anika hastily drinking her tea, eating her toast and also busily going through her phone.

"What's gotten you in so much hurry?"

"There is a function for the elder ladies from the groom and bride's side. Something Avni's family has been following for years. Have to make sure there is nothing wrong with the arrangements."

"Of course nothing will be wrong, you are quite a planner."

"But I have been vacationing more than doing work. If it would have been anyone else, I would have been called unprofessional."

"You do realise that the only other even you actually planned was at my house."

"And you called me unprofessional all the time." Anika showed him her tongue.

"Well that case was different."

"Sure Shivaay." she scoffed.