When I open mine I see that a salmon has been prepared. It seems like it's drenched in olive oil with a side of eggs and vitamin E rich almonds. I join Kordell at the table and realize his meal is steak.

"You want a piece?" he asks me.

I look down, "Thorn will kill me if I did probably. Especially after he spent all this money on these fake muscles."

I remember the discussion about the pectoral implant. My chest hurts like shit. It feels like it's going to cave in or something. I didn't get it. What was the point of spending all that time in the gym if I was just going to get a pectoral implant anyway.

"Welcome to that plastic life."

"You look pretty much the same," I notice at Kordell.

"I got a hair graft, got a lot of skin of dermatology work done and got these bad boys," he states flashing me a mouth full of perfect white veneers.

"Jealous. You don't know how much pain I'm in right now. I mean I should have known they didn't have to do a lot to you. You were already pretty perfect."

"You think so?"

The guy already had a nice body. He was already tall. He was already cute as hell. Sure now his skin looked like silk and his hair looked like he was a pedigreed horse but that just put a cherry on top of him. I can take a look at Kordell and already tell that he's a lot more comfortable then he was.

"You think so?"

"I know so," I respond.

"Well, honestly you were pretty damn good looking yourself."

Was he flirting? I smile at the thought that moment, "Well I'm glad you're the one I'm stuck in this house with first handsome."

I was flirting right back. I can tell almost immediately by his expression that I'm coming off a little strong. Here I was wrapped up like a fucking mummy in pain. Maybe it's the pain pills that have me being so forward. Who knows? I realize that he doesn't seem to be taking me all that serious though.

"Hopefully with the changes, my ex-girlfriend Ivy will regret she dumped me the way she did."

He puts emphasis on his ex-girlfriend. He's trying to let me know he's not into guys. He does it in a nice way though. I can tell Kordell is a nice guy. I'm shocked he even dated a girl like Ivy. Ivy, the sweet doll. Everyone thought Ivy was the sweetest girl you ever met. Maybe it was her big eyes and innocent demeanor. They were fucking wrong. The sweet doll was a bitch. I didn't know much about her except that she was Serena's shadow. Even being Serena's henchman qualified Ivy for a lifetime case of bitchiness though. I watch how he turns down his face. It's clear there is a lot more to the story but he seems reluctant to share.

We were all here for the same reasons. We'd all been victims of the Dollhouse it seems like. Then again, who at Lionsdale hadn't been?

Just when I am about to start prying I hear footsteps. Thorn walks into the room at that moment.

"You're back," Thorn states, "Come meet with me in my office Yogi."

"Office?"

You would think Thorn was some type of middle-aged businessman at that moment. Maybe it's how he's talking or maybe it's the slim suit he's wearing in a goddam house in the middle of the mountain. No one was fucking around. Why the fuck was he dressed like this?

"Yes, office. Oh and bring your food with you."

I do what he says. It's clear he wants me to keep eating. I guess I'm too skinny for him still. When I get into the office I realize there's no decorations or anything in this place. It's as cold as the rest of the recovery house. Thorn sits there in his chair and stares at me up and down. He can't even see the bandages. For a moment I think about asking him about the conversation I heard while I was knocked out. I wonder if I should though. Something is telling me I wasn't supposed to hear that conversation. The idea that it'd piss him off makes me shut up about it. Besides, I didn't know who Thorn was even talking about or what they were talking about. The context was about me but who knows what they meant by any of that.