Chapter 16 - A Birthday to remember Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

After you set the coffee to boil, you decided to make Erwin some pancakes! This is your favorite breakfast too and since you make them almost every Saturday morning for yourself, you got pretty skilled in preparing the dough and cooking them very quickly. You make them extra puffy with whipped egg-whites and when you're done, you have 20 little, fluffy pancakes on the plate. Coffee is ready too as you fill up Erwin's favorite mug. No sugar, no cream. ~Black, like his soul! Mwahaha~. You snicker through gritted teeth at your own thoughts, since you don't want to give away yourself by making too much noise. You put the coffee and the pancakes on a tray, pouring sweet maple syrup over them. As an extra healthy treat, you place a bowl with red and green grapes on it. When you're done with preparing the fine meal without any louder noise, you carry the tray to Erwin's room. You inhale deeply before you knock three times on his door. The sound of the TV stops before you hear Erwin's voice calling.

"Come in." His tone was soft, as always. He knew that only you would be in the penthouse despite him, that's maybe the reason why. When he talks to Levi, he can be a bit harsh from time to time, even some insults escaped his mouth in the past, but when Erwin talks to you, he's always kind and polite.

When you open the door with your elbow, you begin to sing "Happy Birthday to you" in your best singing voice while you put the tray with his breakfast down on the empty side of his king-size bed. Erwin's eyes widen and begin to shine when you enter his room with this surprise. After you finished singing, Erwin applauded in pure enthusiasm.

"That was wonderful, Nina! I had no idea that you can sing! You have such a beautiful voice."

You feel your face getting hot at his charming praise, looking aside in slight embarrassment. Normally, you hate to sing when people are around. You're absolutely sure that you can't sing at all. Your deceased cat, god bless her soul, always fled when you sang around her, which was proof enough that you must have a terrible singing voice. You shake your head to call you back to reality and to focus on Erwin.

"Thank you, Erwin. I made you some breakfast. And I have a little gift for you."

Now his eyes take a more curious look. "Really? What sort of gift?" You hold your pointer finger in the air, forming the symbol for a number one.

"Something personal. You have one free wish of what I should do for you!" His lips curl up into a smirk. You could've sworn that a flicker of lust lit up inside his eyes after you offered him your gift, but if he will try to use his free wish to make something dirty, you would put him in his place about that! No chance you won't give in this time!

"That sound's very interesting, dear. Do I have to make my wish right now, or am I allowed to think about it until I'm done with breakfast?" You smile at him as he crawls from underneath his blanket to sit next to you. And holy damn shit...he's just wearing a pair of black boxers. You saw him half-naked before, but the view of him is always stunning. His broad and defined chest and neck, the big biceps that could crush coconuts with ease, the defined veins that snaked underneath his skin, his outstanding Adonis Line, and, oh my god, his eight-pack! While gawking at his abs pathetically, you told yourself over and over again that you didn't notice the trail of dark blond hair that disappeared under the low slung terry cloth. You gulp a large lump in your throat as you feel your mouth becoming dry. ~Self-control, you horny girl! Self-control! ~ You scold yourself inside your head.

"You have all the time you need. But I guess it would be better to finish breakfast first. Or else the pancakes will cool down." You hit the nail on the head it seems since he immediately took the tray from beside you to feast on the puffy pancakes. He smiles satisfied like a little boy as he enjoys the sweet treat with every single bite, finishing them in incredible speed, what makes you believe that he didn't have a proper meal for a damn long time. But you're more than happy that he enjoys your self-cooked meal that grateful. He swallows the last bite with a sip from the hot coffee and with a loud Aaahhhh~, he tells you, that the coffee has been good as well. You had doubts about the coffee since you don't like to drink coffee, but luckily, your mother taught you a very good way to memorize a way to prepare good coffee. Erwin rubs his tummy with closed eyes, visibly satisfied with the breakfast, but you won't allow him to go without something healthy in his stomach! You reach out for the tray to picked up a grape, holding it in Erwin's direction.