Invisible.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I rolled over and placed the pillow over my head, avoiding the annoying beeping sound that woke people up in the morning. I heard a set of footsteps getting closer and closer, and I automatically knew who's they were without even looking. AUGH! Fuck. My. Life.

"Georgia, I know you heard that alarm, girl! Get yo' lazy butt out of bed, NOW!" my mother said.

I knew that mother was talking to me, and that if I didn't get up, my life would be in jeopardy, but my body wouldn't budge. I could hear my mother silently counting to herself, trying to control what her next move was going to be. I could hear her foot tapping, which said that she was about to reckless. Next thing I know, my mom's hand is wrapped around my ankle. She yanked my ankle, which cause me to fall at the foot of my bed, on my elbows to void falling on my face. I semi-turned around looking at her. She was wearing rollers, a robe, and the bunny slippers that Grandpa gave her last Christmas.

"You've got 30 minutes to hit the bathroom, get dressed, and get your butt downstairs. Got it?" she said turning around to the door. Then she turned back around. "Do something with your hair today? You look like a tomboy."

She walked out of the door and I got up off the floor. I went into my private bathroom and did my hygiene routine. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out. I went over to my closet, and picked out my ripped blue jeans, a plaid button-up that had light blue and dark blue stripes, and light blue converses. I placed my hair in a high ponytail and grabbed my Ray Ban eyeglasses. I grabbed my bookbag for school and went downstairs. I went into the kitchen and saw breakfast on the table. My mom looked at the kitchen clock and back at me.

"Good timing." she said in a monotone. 

I sat down at the table. I was just about to grab a piece of bacon off the plate, my mom slapped my hand.

"Ow! What?!" I said, rubbing the back of my hand. 

"That's not for you! This is for you!" my mom said, handing me a granola bar.

How the fuck did she expect me to get through the day with a fucking dry ass, booty-smelling, ashy granola bar? 

"But, mom! How am I supposed to get through the day on this granola bar?" I asked, looking at her with puppy dog eyes.

"You should've gotten downstairs faster, and maybe you could have a hot breakfast. But, you didn't. So, you get what you deserve." she said, shrugging nonchanlantly. 

I was ready to shove this granola down her throat. She kills me with the nonchanlant mood these days. I don't know what I did to make her turn out this way. She used to be the sweetest mom anyone could have. So concerned in her child's education. Now, she doesn't care about anything, not even my education. If I tell her someone's bothering me, she says I must've did something to make them upset, or just deal with myself. I want to know what I did to make her this way. I sighed heavily. Just then, my dad came into the room. He came over to me, kissed me on the forehead, and went over to my mom. He tried to give her a kiss, but she wouldn't budge, so he turned her face to meet his and he pecked her lips. Mom's mad at Dad.

"Good morning, baby." he said to my mom. She continued to do what she was doing.

"Mhm. Feelings mutual." she said, not making contact with him.

I didn't want to get in the middle of their little "fest", so I grabbed my stuff.

"Bye, Mom and Dad." I said, rolling my eyes and going to the door. I grabbed my skateboard from in front of the couch in the living room and left out. I began skating on my skateboard for 3 blocks. Finally, I arrived to the bus stop. As if on cue, my bus arrived. I got onto the bus, making my way to my regular seat, 4 seats from the back. Someone stuck their foot into the aisle, causing me to fall. I turned over to my back and saw Raquan looking down at me, smirking, and his boys laughing along with anyone else that witness my fall. I got up, brushed myself off, and sat down at my seat.