Your Favorite Blond Princess to the Rescue

"Jace out of," Izzy shrugged 'innocently' which was completely out of character and unconvincing, "complete curiosity, do you know if Jessamine was going out today?"

I frowned. Going out? With who? I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by Izzy. "No Jace I didn't mean going out, going out."

"Right." I nodded feeling stupid. Izzy was a love expert and could read emotions quicker than she reads Cosmopolitan in Español. "She probably just got in a fight with Clary." I shrugged my leather jacket off and threw myself on a couch in the lounge. "Hey Iz can you get me some mangoes?"

She raised her eyebrows at me. "You want me to touch your food?"

My eyes widened realizing who I was talking to. "Never mind I'll just wait till Jessamine gets back."

Izzy scoffed throwing herself on the lounge chair infront of me, unwinding and winding her signature whip. "You really think she's gonna make you food?"

"Right, I'll ask Alec." Jessamine would laugh at me for not knowing how to do anything in the kitchen. Maryse always gave me food I never had a reason to step foot into there.

Just then the institute doors opened, heavy pants came from the hallway. It sounded like bears choking on salmon. Izzy and I looked at each other before rushing to the entrance. There stood Clary and Simon leaning against the wall in an attempt to calm their breathing, their faces flushed dark red and their hair was messy and sweaty. "It looks like you two just f-" Just then the elevator clicked open again and out came Alec looking not as out of breath but he looked like he just saw a death.

"L-let's go." He stuttered out coming to grab me his hands shaking as he reached out to me.

I reached for his shoulder steadying his shaking arm. "Alec what the hell happened?" I sneered, getting worried. What happened to him? What were all three of them doing outside the institute? He said he would keep Clary here.

He threw my hand off him looking ready to punch anyone that got in his way. "They took her!" He yelled his green eyes frightened.

"Took, who Alec?" Izzy asked worriedly but we both knew. I could feel Alec's desperate state. I wasn't sure if they were his feelings or mine but I suddenly couldn't breath all I felt was an desperate urge to find her.

"No." I shook my head. "Where is she, Alec?" I yelled going over to grab multiple swords already heading out to the elevator.

"I-I don't know." He shook his head, "I thought she was right behind me." He explained not sounding like he believed he lost her. He sounded like he thought this was all just a dream.

"I-I'll just track her." Isabelle tried to think of something, running her hands through her hair worriedly, a nervous habit she had developed but I know she was trying to keep her composure. Honestly I'm surprised she wasn't out of here by now. Her parabati was missing and almost certainly hurt, I can't believe she didn't feel in sooner. Their bond was so strong I already felt like killing someone I can't imagine what she felt.

"This is all my fault." Clary said guilty putting her hand over her mouth, her wide grass green eyes were vulnerable. No, it wasn't she didn't know what was going on, she was innocent. This was Jessamine's fault for being so reckless. She didn't care about getting hurt, but she didn't think about how we would feel.

I sighed trying to keep my composure although all I wanted to do was run out and find Mine. "Clary it's okay." I breathed out looking at her watching her calm down, suddenly feeling myself relax a bit too. "We just have to get out of here, and track her. Get your stuff." I instructed they all nodded Clary, Simon, and Izzy going to get what they needed. I have no idea what Simon could possibly get but I was glad to have the mundane out of my sight.

Alec stayed were he was, not moving in the slightest. I could tell that he thought this was all his fault. "We're going to find her." I sighed trying my best to take control of my anger.  If anyone could take care of themselves it was Jessamine, she was the strongest girl I knew, but I was still worried. They took Jessamine, how the hell did they even take her?

"I-ah she, they went out." He told me through gritted teeth, "Clary found the stupid box but Valentine's  minions intercepted us. I-I thought she was right behind me." He explained.

"I don't care." I hissed. "You were supposed to look after them. You were supposed to take care of her, she's your sister for fucks sake! All I care about is finding her." I told him walking out. Not being able to stay calm any longer. I just had to find.