Chapter 5

Next morning, Avni woke up and found Neil sleeping peacefully while clutching her hand tightly as if he never want to loose her again. She smiles and slowly removes her hand from his grip, he slightly frowns as if missing the most comfortable warmth. Avni tucked him into the duvet properly and went to the washroom. After sometime she went downstairs and found that everyone was planning to go somewhere.

Avni - Where you all are going ?

Prakash - Avni beta we have to attend a relative's wedding, so we are going there. We will come back tomorrow.

Avni - Why you didn't tell me before ?  I will go and wake up Neil. He's still sleeping.

Shweta - No Avni, let him sleep and you two are not coming with us. Neil will feel conscious seeing so many people around him as currently  he want to be embraced within his family and you won't leave him alone, we are 100% sure about this. ( She teases her ).

Avni blushes slightly.

Bebe- We will comeback tomorrow bacha. You both have your us time as it is very important for maintaining your relation. ( smiles ).

Avni nods and everyone left.

Outside Khanna mansion

Shweta - Bebe we have lied that we are going to wedding for giving them some time with each other. I hope our plan will work.

Bebe - Don't worry Shweta, they both will find their ways back with each other.

Prakash - Now let's go Ashish will be waiting for us. We all will spend this day and night in their home.

They all left.

Avni moved inside kitchen and started preparing breakfast but stops when she heard Neil's voice. He was calling Prakash, so she went towards  their room. When she opened the door, she found that Neil was standing there shirtless and his upper body was covered with bandages. She felt pain in her heart after watching him like this. Neil saw her while she lowers her gaze.

Avni - A...actually everyone have gone to a relative's wedding, so noone is at home expect us.

Neil - Ohhh !! Actually I had to do the dressings of my wounds. That's why I was calling dad. ( He says nervously ).

Avni - Ah.... if you don't mind I can help you with this. ( hesitantly )

Neil looks at her astonished.

Avni - Only if you are comfortable. If you want I can arrange a nurse for you. I.... ( Neil cuts her off ).

Neil -  I am comfortable with you but the question is, Will you be able to see my wounds ?

Avni was numb, yes it was difficult for her to watch his condition as it always pained her that he have undergone intense torture in that hell hole that too for 4 years but she have to make herself  strong for him, so that he can think her capable enough to share his story with her.

Avni nods and move towards him. He was shocked and happy, shocked cos he have never seen a strong woman like Avni in his life and happy cos he is blessed to have her in his life.

She made him sit on the couch and removed his bandages from his chest and arms. She started  applying  antiseptic lotion on his wound while he winced in pain, it pangs her heart so she blew air on his wound while he was staring her lovingly. A small smile appeared on his face as he noticed that she was drapped in a red Saree, well red was indeed her colour. Yesterday, he saw her in official clothes, no doubt she looked beautiful but today she is looking way much adorable. He noticed nuptial chain and vermilion and thought how she have kept their relation alive in all these years. He remembered the beautiful moment of their wedding, when she came dressed into a red, heavy lehenga and they took vows with each other and he made her his by wrapping this holy nuptial chain around her neck and filling vermilion in her hairline. He still remembers the slight blush on her face and the unadulterated smile that took his heart away the minute their wedding completed.