Part 1

A black BMW X-5 parks in the garage of a duplex house, located in the sector 150 of Noida. A man, wearing a grey Tom Ford business suit, emerges from the driver's seat of the car and makes his way towards the entrance.
After ringing the doorbell for a good two minutes, the door gets open for him by his very much angry wife.

"Hi" he stretched his lips in a sheepish smile
But without giving him another glance, she moves back and sprints to her room, upstairs.

"Khushi! Wait" he pleaded while tailing behind her.

"Listen to me please"

"Khushi, I am talking to you"

He followed her till their room, trying to grab her attention, but couldn't succeed. At last he holds her by the elbow and spins her to face himself.

"Listen, I...."

"Yes I am listening. Tell me, what new problem you got this time that made you forgot the promise, you have given to your daughter" she interrupted him.

"I didn't forget. It's just that dad had stopped me at the last moment" he tried to reason her, using his loving tone to calm her, but today nothing seems to work on the tigress.

"Oh yes! Your dad. How can I forget that you could never deny your dad for anything. Because you don't have the guts" she retorts back.

"I am sorry" he apologized, trying to take her in a hug, but she shrugs him off.

"I am sick and tired of your sorries Arnav. I don't need it. My daughter doesn't need it. All we want is your presence in our life. I never complained before because then it was just me who used to feel the loneliness but now Arohi is growing up and she too feels your absence in her life. Please don't do this to her"

This time she completely breaks down, uncontrollable tears are flowing from her eyes. She drops on the floor, feeling completely defeated. Seeing her crying form on the floor, Arnav gathers her in his arms and starts soothing her

"Shhhhh. Don't cry, don't cry" he said, trying to calm her by rubbing her back and placing small kisses on head.

After few minutes her cries subsided but Arnav is still holding her in his lap, arms wrapped around her.

"I love you. I love you and Arohi, both. And it hurts me too when I have to stay away for you"

"Then why don't you just tell your family about me and Arohi?"

"You know, I can't. Atleast not now, it's not the right time"

"And when this right time of yours will come? It's been four years arnav, four years of us being married. Ab to mujhe lagne Laga hai ki tum chahte hi nahi ke tumhari family ko humare bare me pata chale" she shouted, getting off from his lap. (Now I started to feel that you don't want your family to know about us)

"What? You....."

His expressions showed how shocked he is with her accusations. He wanted to say something more but controlled himself, seeing how emotionally broken she is right now.

"This is not the right time to discuss anything" suggests his subconscious.

"You are too emotional right now to understand anything. We will talk tomorrow" he voiced out his thoughts.

"Yeah, sure. Afterall, it's always me who has to understand everything" she replied with a sarcastic smile and walk away from him, into the bathroom.

Arnav slumped down on the edge of the bed, burying his face into his palms, and heaved a sigh of frustration.

********************

The Next Morning

Arnav's "Mission Wooing my Angeles" has started since he woke up. He ordered flowers for his wife and chocolates for his daughter, made breakfast for them with his own hands, booked movie tickets and a trip to 'Worlds of Wonder' amusement park. Everything is prepared, now he is only waiting for his Angels to grace him with their presence.

After a long wait he could see his wife and daughter stepping down the stairs, freshly dressed in a matching shade of lavender.

"Good Morning" he greets them in a cheerful voice.

Walking towards them he plants a chaste kiss on Khushi's cheek and lifting Arohi in his arms he twirls a little that makes the little girl to giggle. But soon she makes a straight face, showing him that she is still upset with him.

"Hmmm. So my little cupcake is angry with me. She has to be, afterall daddy has done such a grave mistake" came his charming word.

"Daddy is so sorry baby, he couldn't keep his promise yesterday. But today I am going to make it up to you" he said while taking them towards the dining table where the breakfast has been served.

He settles them in their respective chairs and starts serving in their plates, with his own hands.

"Start. I hope you like it" he states nervously, waiting for the two to taste the food.

They slowly takes a morsel and hummed in chorus.

"Not bad" said khushi without showing any emotion.

"Oh! And this is also for you" he takes the bouquet of red roses and the chocolate box from the nearby table and present them their respective gifts.

"Wow! Chocolates. Thank you daddy" a broad smile appears on her face.

"You are welcome" Arnav replied, kissing her cheeks.

"Now quickly finish up your breakfast. We are going to the amusement park and after a lunch in your favourite restaurant we will watch Incredibles2" Arnav narrates the whole plan.

"Really? Oh, daddy I love you" Arohi jumped off the chair and hugged her father, forgetting all her anger.

In the meanwhile Khushi was observing each and every action of her husband. She knows that he is trying to make it up but she is not a kid like Arohi who can be lulled with chocolates and a small outing.
She needs assurance and a security, for her daughter and herself. She can't live this life of hide and seek, not anymore. She wants the world to recognise her as his wife and the mother of his child.

_____________________________________________

Hello friedzz...Here is the first chapter of My Secret Family.
Hope you all like it.
Please vote, share and comment.