Chapter 9: Jenna's home from Florida (Pt. 2)

Jenna's P.O.V

I come into the doors to see Josh on the couch, absolutely passed out. Energy drinks littered everywhere. I shake my head and laugh quietly to myself as I put my things down by the doorway. "Tyler?" I ask softly, not wanting to wake Josh.

Nothing. I didn't hear anything, is he in another room? Maybe. There's no hope in waking Josh up once he's asleep, so why would he stay around? "Tyler, I'm home from Florida!" I raise my voice a little, but Josh seems not to be bothered, which was a relief.

Still nothing, I get a little worried but I know he'll come around, he always does. When he does he'll hold me in his arms once again. He will make me feel safe... I haul my stuff into the bedroom only to find a crib laying on Tyler's side of our bed. Strange?

There's baby clothes scattered on the floor... even stranger. Were they baby sitting for someone? Those boys truly are strange... I walk back into the living room calling out, yet again, for my husband. "Tyler Robert, where are you? I want to kiss you, hello!"

He never turns down a kiss. Where is that boy? Just then, I hear faint sniffling coming from the couch. I think it's Josh? I decide to further investigate, I go around to the front of the couch and look to see not only Josh, but a pillow that's moving up and down very rhythmically.

I hear the sniffling continue so I grab the pillow and pull it off gently. There I see a small baby curled up in a ball, cute as can be, but also as scared as he could be... This child looks no older than maybe a year. He's so terrified, he's trembling with his face in the couch.

My maternal instinct kicks in and I decide to pick him up and into my arms. He lets out a startled squeal. "Oh I'm sorry baby..." I start bouncing him, but his cries grow louder. I decide to rub circles on his back and place him over my shoulder. I pet him and hug him until he's just whimpering.

"There see? It's alright, it's all better!" As these words of  'comfort' leave my lips, he erupted into hysterical and heartbreaking sobs. Loud enough to wake the dead, or you know, a Joshua Dun.

Josh springs to his feet and immediately tries rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he desperately is looking down around him for the source of the noise. "Looking for this?" I have to yell to be heard over the child.

He nods slowly and awkwardly. "What?" He stammers out. "...What do you mean 'what'?" I inquire. "Y-you're not supposed to be back yet, at least not til tomorrow." He Trips over his words attempting to explain to me why he was questioning my arrival. "So? I'm back early. No big deal, right?" I smile. His face goes a light shade of red as he nods.

"So where's Tyler?" I ask. As if this child's lungs couldn't grab anymore air to fill them with, I was wrong. In a familiar yet unable to be placed way, the child belts out an almost glass shattering scream of tears and sorrow. I try bouncing and shushing him, swaying and rocking to no avail.

"What's wrong with him???" I ask a bit startled. "...He is just scared and embarrassed." Josh speaks up, finally. "Over what? Me? Why I'm not going to hurt him." I pet the back of his head of wispy hair. He seems to tense a little at my touch. I frown sadly..

"Don't take it personal Jenna, he doesn't want anyone to see him like this." Josh informs. "Like what? He's like one, what is there to be embarrassed about? Except maybe a dirty diaper." I teased. However, the baby didn't find this funny at all. He simply grasped onto my shirt tight with his little fists. "Even then, a one year old wouldn't be embarrassed about that, they're blissfully unaware!" 

He cried into my shirt, soaking it on my left shoulder. Awh poor baby... "Josh, please explain why there's a baby in my house, and I want to see Tyler, where'd he run off to?" I abruptly said taking the baby by surprise again,  moreover, more crying ensued.

"Jenna, I don't know how to tell you this, but... that's Tyler." Josh finally stammers out. I sit there in silence before busting out laughing but after I look at Josh's face- and feel the fists tighten even more on my shirt. I start to believe him. "...what do you mean this is Tyler?"

He thinks long and hard before explaining it all to me, most things up until this point, that is. I look down at the shaking and upset ball in my arms... My heart both melts and skips a beat. Guess I was the one who was going to hold him in my arms and make him feel safe. I hug him tight to my chest.

After a minute to collect my thoughts, I finally speak up- Tyler is only mildly crying right now. "Can he understand me?? Does he know who he is?"

"...Yeah for now he does." Josh hesitantly answered. The crying becomes even sadder and more distraught but it's very quiet and muffled.

I rub his back and love on him. "Tyler, it's okay...." I know he's listening, because when I speak he reacts, usually with more tears; however, I'll take what I can get.

"Tyler don't panic, I'm right here. I'm right here and I love you. I won't stop loving you." I say, hoping to ease the crying and perhaps his pain.

"Y-you won't wove me." I hear the small voice squeak out. It breaks my heart. Although I didn't expect a response. "Tyler why on earth would you say that??" I ask shocked. "B-because I'm a baby." He cries out through staggered breaths.

"Tyler..." I say as I peel him off my shoulder a little and force him to look at me, gently. "Tyler that doesn't matter. I will always love you, don't you worry! I'm sticking here by your side. Please don't even think for a second I'll leave you."

"But w-what if I'm a baby forever!?" He sobs back into my shirt. "..then maybe I'll just have to learn to love you differently. I don't understand it, but I'm here." I kiss his head gently. "I'm staying right here."

He cuddles into my chest. He has finally calmed down into gentle crying. I pet his head and just hold him close.

"T-thanks Jenna.." he cries. "You're welcome Tyler. I'll do this, all of this, for you because I truly love you." I say as I hug him and sway.

This is new, but I love him... how can you not?! He's so darn cute! Both as a grown man-child and as a literal little baby, in my arms.

I just hope he changes back soon..

I miss my fully grown husband.