01

The warm-pink sun kissed the rolling hilltops.

Rays of light shone through the silver-linings on the clouds high above, shimmering down upon the valley. Horses galloped through the canyon, sending spirals of dust into the air. The red rock reaching many meters into the air on either side of the canyon shielded the herd from the orange glow of the setting sun.

Endless fields of grass spread across the land, wooden huts dotted across the countryside. A few people stopped their work from far below, turning to wave up at the sky.

A towering hill, covered in trees, standing majestically over the all the others loomed ever closer. Mist swirled at the tip of the hill, signalling the oncoming darkness of night. But, for now, there was a sunset.

And it was beautiful.

Peter Parker watched the scene unfold before his eyes, face pressed up close to the window of the Royal Talon Fighter. They were flying. Hundreds of meters into the air, they were soaring straight for the mountain in front of them.

Despite how safe he was, in the hands of the most technologically advanced country in the world, he couldn't help the way his heart rate picked up. He physical couldn't help it when his hands grew hot and sticky, pressed against the pants of his jeans. He tried, for sure, but when you're going hundreds of kilometres per hour and aiming straight for the face of a mountain, there was a pretty valid reason to be scared.

They were gaining ground faster than the speed of sound now, and Peter felt a sudden sting of pain, slice across his palm. He made a mental note to cut his fingernails, as soon as he got the chance.

Unable to hide his nervousness, he glanced down at his lap, forcing himself to take exaggerated breaths. He could feel the eyes of the other people in the Talon Fighter on him, and he tried his best to ignore them.

"Mister Parker; relax." The Black Panther told him, the man's hand coming to rest on his shoulder.

Peter snapped his head up and gave T'Challa a small smile, before swiping the back of his hand across his upper lip subconsciously. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, relaxed is me. I mean-I am...relaxed. Yeah, I'm relaxed."

What up, I'm Peter, I'm sixteen and I never fricking learnt how to speak.

T'Challa just squeezed Peter's shoulder, an amused smile upon his lips. Peter felt heat crawl up his neck, and ducked his head in embarrassment. And as well as the humiliation warming his body, Peter could also feel the sun, as it shone through the windows of the ship.

The Talon Fighter soared ever-faster toward the hill, and Peter found himself bracing for impact. Only, there was none.

There was a moment where everything turned dark, and Peter found himself panicking. But, a few seconds later, they were surrounded by these floating, blue hexagons. They were everywhere, and as the ship ploughed through them, there was a soft crackling sound.

And then they broke through.

Somehow, the world was even more beautiful inside the invisible walls of Wakanda.

"Oh my God..." Peter breathed, eyes as wide as saucers.

Prepossessing buildings, taller than the highest skyscrapers of New York City, pricked the sky. The orange light from the sun bounced from the glass wrapped around them, making the buildings look like they were dancing. The curves and architecture of the whole city stretched out before them was breathtaking. The rondavel huts with their conical, thatched roofs that so many people thought was the real Wakanda, were referenced in the designs of the city.