"Oui, Que puis- je faire pour vous?" She asked me with a slight smile.

"I am here to see Edward." I said with a smilar smile I so bad wanted to tear into her throat but I remembered only the evildoer.

"Ah, your that fille that the jeune maitre always speaks of, he has been worried about you." She said with knowing smile yet her thoughts spoke louder, "Petit vagabond lui veut sans doute pour son argent pas d'amour pour cette enfant gate."

I raised my eyebrow at her statement she obviously does not notice that diamond necklace around my neck, she moved aside to invite me in I politely declined for I wanted this to be quick.

"May you tell him to come down?" I asked as sweetly as I could mimicking Claudia's innocent smile. She nodded and called for him I could hear him with in the house his heartbeat was slow steady he was reading the pages were turning quickly like he was re-reading it or looking for something but once he heard the maid he set the book down and came rushing down his heart beat increased ten fold. The large crimson covered staircase was right in the middle of the foyer for I could clearly see into the house now by the way the maid had the door so graciously open. He stopped at the top of the satire's his eyes went wide when he saw him his aura was a mix of colors light blue, green, red, and purple. His thoughts were rampant so many questions, he was made his way down the steps slowly cautiously as if afraid I were an apparition that might vanish if he got to close. But I was no vision I was here he was by the maids side in front of me now.

"Leave us." He spoke to her his tone was harsh it reminded me of Lestat's tone when he was starting to loose his patience. The maid was gone her footsteps were now to the back of the house in the kitchen she was gossiping with the other maids.

"Let's walk." I said to him for some reasoning my gaze would not meet his I turned my back to him and descend the small steps taking them one by one at first he hesitated but then he soon followed. He was behind me he heartbeat was still fast his breathing was slow but his thoughts I could not tune him out for some damned reason. He walked faster I had not realized I was walking so fast he as close now I felt him slowdown then a hand, his hand grabbed mine. I stopped in mid pace shocked at his touch his skin burned mine I was so cold how could he touch me?

"Aurora please what is wrong?" His voice was soft yet audible to my vampire ears I bowed my head now wishing my hair was down so I could hide behind its mess of curls.

"Please let me go." I whispered but it was loud enough for him to hear but despite my plea he tightened his grip not nearly enough to hurt me but I could feel hi tensing his muscles.

"No please mon amour what troubles you? Where have you been? Why you not been out in the sunlight? Your skin so cold and so pale." He was worried for me after theses years he worried. A man of 23 worried about his lost young love after all these years, Why?

"Why have you not been engaged?" I retorted not in spit but in true curiosity.

"Because, I could not forget you. After all these years Aurora I was worried about you I knew you were here I heard word about you threw friends whom saw you at galas and parties with some many with blond hair and a little girl. They say you were smiling they thought you were married to him, I was destroyed." His voice was harsh in the beginning then it became soft the pain was evident in his voice, I truly wounded him the man I love.

"He is not my husband, he is a friend a dear friend whom I stay with he has helped me a lot."

"Show he is the one whom is taking care of you?"

"Oui." I said I dare not turn to look at him.

"Ha, so you left me for a friend I see." He laughed bitterly a hurt man is a bitter and angry man.