Chapter ~9~

Aurora's Point of view

They were silent for a long time and I began to worry that maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut. My question was left unanswered, I locked myself in my room in the mornings ignoring the calls for me to start lessons and at night I faked sleeping so that Lestat and Louis would not bother me. I made sure I practiced my magic every day till my fingers felt they would split. I rarely ate anything which caused me to weaken in strength and the exshatuon of practicing all night and day made me sleep for weeks. Soon it was as if I was already a vampire no longer attached to the human ordeals of life and hunger I bearly left the sheets of my bed, one night Lestat became irritated with my constant absence it was as if he missed me.

"Aurora, I know you are no longer resting you've been in there for weeks!" He snapped on the other side of the door but, I ignored him I didn't want to face anyone I wanted to rot for my stupidity.

"Aurora please come out." This was Louis somber voice my angel whom frowned more then he should I felt my heart skip a beat imagining them both at my door worried.

I had spelled the door so no one would open it and I was happily it was working but my power was fading as I neglected what I needed to do to eat and bathe, human things.

"I rather rot!" I snapped I heard Lestat curse and Louis calming him.

"Come out now! Or I will kick this door down!" Lestat spat he was furersted with my words.

"Try!" I snapped and how he did the door cracked and split but didn't fall I got tired of his yelling and pull the spell off the door.

They entered and I had forgotten how lovely they were I felt the sting of guilt in my soul but pushed it back.

"Why have you locked yourself in here?" Louis asked worry laced in his voice.

"Because, I'm a fool." I whispered.

"Your not." Lestat said this and I looked at him in surprise, his nonchalant look made him seem more like a boy my age. "Your not a fool for wanting the Dark Gift."

"Lestat." Louis said this in a shocked tone as if trying to make him see reason.

"On your eighteenth birthday I will turn you." Lestat said and I felt tears run down my face he hugged me tightly but Louis was gone.

Nights and Days pasted soon I was able to walk the streets in the morning making my way to the stores and I performed at concert halls it was a truly remarkable year soon my birthday approached and I will be seventeen this would be my last year as a human after this birthday. Some would be somber missing the sun on their skin but, I on the other hand enjoyed the moonlight more. The light of the moon was a very big socure of power. I was excited to be a vampire to live my life with Louis and Lestat, Louis has'nt spoken to me much he would only nod to me.

This upsets me more then I cared to show Lestat could see it though and he told me maybe I should follow him which I did, Louis left to hunt an that was my queue to leave I used the concealment charm to make my scent and body disappear I followed him given feet between us I trained my eyes to detect vampires and humans. Vampires had a reddish purple cloud around their bodies and deepened on how dark the purple was it showed me how old they were. Humans had blue around their bodies and a hint of green which showed me if they were to die soon.

Louis turned a alley corner and spoke to a woman they made a small conversation before they began to kiss passionately I looked away embarrassed to see this display I heard the woman groan and saw that Louis was feeding from her he moaned deeply into her neck and soon let go I pulled the charm off myself and Louis looked at me his green eyes more vibrant his lips covered with blood he looked like a tortured god.

"Is this what you want?" He asked his voice raspy and deep a growl ripped threw him.

"What?" I asked I was confused by this question I took few steps toward him but, he backed away. "Do you mean to ask if I wish to be the dead girl devoured by you? Or do I wish to be you? Both sound awfully morbid don't you think?" my voice was purring and I held on slight look of uninterested as if to show if I cared or not.

"Do you wish to be both?" Louis asked this shocked me and I looked at him his eyes were down cast to the girl.

"I..I will have to die in order to be a vampire." I said my throat felt dry.

"You say it as if you don't care! That you would give less then a damn, about leaving your life as a human behind!You have'nt the vaguest conception under God of what you ask!" He barked making my heart stop at the fury in his eyes. He was in front of my small form in an instate and I could only look up to his green eyes my own vision blurring with unused tears for my dear Louis. He wiped the tears away with his thumb and took my face between his hands kissing both my cheeks

"Don't yell at me!" I screamed made him glare right threw me.

"I love you Aurora and it is because I love you that I am forced to decline your wish." He whispered brokenly, I was stunned felt the stabbed of guilt again like that night making me want to double over in pain at the statement he loved me he cared for me and I him which is why I wanted the Dark Gift to be with him and my other love Lestat forever more.

"I love you as well Louis, and because of this love I wish to be a vampire to live with you both to not grow old and rot as you both watch and move on with eternity wit out me. I wish this more then anything not because I want the beauty of the Dark Gift but so I can live you both forever!" I said and I wrapped my arms around his waist pressing my face into his stomach he held me close to himself as I cried. I want this Louis forgive my selfishness and that I cause you pain but I need to be with you both forever to live the span of eternity with you both.

After I fell asleep in his arms raked of my sobbing I was carried home and placed in bed Louis kissed my forehead and whispered into my ear softly.

"I shall grant your wish." And with that last sentence I smiled and fell into a deep sleep.