Chapter ~12~

Third person point of view

Lestat and Louis hunted together after Aurora's soft snores were heard, the streets were busy from the holding of parties and Opera performances. As they walked the streets they spoke of what they want for her, their Aurora how they will keep her safe from the ones who wish to harm her and also herself. Safely locked with them both, but she is a mortal teenager a young woman Aurora is a rebel spirit like Lestat and has the heart of gold like Louis.

"She is strong, wise for her age. Even her thoughts swarm with a glimmer of the immortal she will be." Lestat mused as he wiped his mouth of the kill. Louis fed on a rat at this time and it took all of Lestat not to snatch it from him and throw a lovely young girl into his fledglings arms to feast on. Louis threw the now drained rat to the side and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief.

"Yes, she is very adamant about her life with us both. She finds nothing else in her years more meaningful." Louis said and with this Lestat smiled giving a nod in agreement.

"She will seek revenge and she will reap her satisfaction but, let us make sure that she does not forget whom she will be made by and how she came to be with us both. For no one shall ever leave us."

The Immortal kiss will be given to Aurora the night of her Eighteenth birthday and on this night she will forever be cast under the spell of the Dark Gift.

Aurora's point of view

I awoke the next morning with a sigh my dreams were horrid I saw blood my families blood painted on my hands and their bodies sprawled in front of me like rag dolls. Running my hands threw my thick hair I calmed my racing heart with the replaying of the events that took place last night the giving of the dress and the Opera performance the sound of Louis and Lestats laughter.

These things brought ease to my heart and as I sat in my bed I remembered that it was a new day and I was to meet my new friend Edward at the bookstore. My stomach barred butterflies and I immediately bathed and put on a black dress my hair was in its natural curls I left the house with out a backwards glance the walk to the store felt stressed like my footsteps were not quicker I entered the store with a glance at the fiction section to see him standing in his normal fashion and oh how he smiled.

I felt like I could swoon at that white toothed smile, he approached me and offered me his arm I took it and we left the store he asked me how my birthday went. I told him that I went to the Opera and I enjoyed it thoroughly he nodded at my telling of the admiration I felt for the performers and the costumes all of which we spell binding. After my telling he went to speak of his parents renting a new home on the waterfront and that he wanted to take my horse back riding if he could, I smiled at this and agreed to that.

"How long have you been riding?" I asked him as we entered the stable.

"Three years, my father insisted that as a gentle men I should learn."

"I see, I have never been on a horse before." I said meekly he chuckled as he put a saddle on a black mare. he pulled the reins and led the horse out of her stable I marveled at the beauty of the mare in front of me I was only five foot one and this mare towered over me her brown eyes were soft and gazed down at me in mirrored curiosity. I forgot that Edward was even here.

"Would you like to touch her?" He asked me softly I blushed and nodded with a soft smile. Slowly I raised my hand to the mare's black mane and gently ran my fingers threw it smoothing the hairs.

"So soft." I murmured. "So beautiful."

"But, not as beautiful as you mon ami." Edward said and I turned to him smiling he chuckled as the mare made a soft whining noises for me to stroke her hair more.