When i got downstairs, Chris was just putting Noella on blanket that was on the floor on her stomach, i went and place Nylah next to her before giving them some toys. Yeah, they're two months old-- nearly three, but should learn how to at least get to the stage of rolling or keeping their head up by themselves. 

I sighed before watching Nylah and Noella look at each other and tried to touch each other face, they were both slobbing all over the blanket and kicking their legs. My babies are so cute, they're only two months and in no time they'll be walking,talking--

  "Babe, get the door!" Chris yelled taking me out of my thoughts, i looked at the door and the glass that was at the top, you could see a shadow outside on the porch. Whoever it was at the door was banging pretty hard, i rolled my eyes, i have a doorbell for a reason. 

"Hold on," i said, when i got the door i unlocked it. Looking at the face, i froze and i swear my blood pressure raised. The smile on their face as they caressed my cheek, I felt a presence behind me, turning around i seen Chris looking at the visitor with an confused expression. I was confused myself. 

"Who are you?" Chris questioned, 

"You don't need to know who i am, i'm just here to see my fian-, Vivian."  Kendrick said, i looked up as i felt my heart speed up. What was he doing here? Out of the blue? 

It's been years. 

Years and he decides to show up. What about the days i waited for him to and he never did. I wasn't mad that he finally showed up, i would've years ago but it wasn't a point. 

I jinxed my self earlier for even thinking about him or about any of my past relationships. I'm a chilled person and i don't like drama but today was too chilled, it was like i knew something was going to happen. 

I dreaded to turn around to see Chris expression, but instead i licked my lips and looked at Kendrick, and i could think of were Loren's words, 

"I haven't spoke to Kendrick since yesterday, i went to his place but it was all cleared out, but he told me he was leaving and he didn't love you and the engagement was off."  Loren told me. 

He didn't love you. 

Chris arms fell from my waist when he heard one of the twins crying, "Imma go feed them." He mumbled before walking back inside, i sighed before looking at Kendrick. We shared a past, nothing bad. A past filled with laughs, memories, love. But it seems unreal to see him now. 

"What do you want?" I asked calmly, i wasn't going to cry, What was the point for me to cry? over what exactly? I'm a grown women. He's in the past for a reason. It wasn't like when he explains himself i was going to throw myself into his arms and be with him and fly off on a unicorn to never land.  

That's not how it works, i have responsibilities. Yeah, i'll hear him out and if he still thinks there's a potential relationship that could go. I don't think so, 

A friendship? Distant acquaintance, Maybe. 

 Kendrick sighed before rubbing his hand onto the army uniform i notice he was wearing, "I just wanted to know why you did it to me? To us four years ago." he said, i furrowed my eyebrows i didn't do anything to him. Or anything to us, he was the one who left me. 

"What are you talking about Kendrick? I never done anything! You were the one that lef-" 

His eyes narrowed and i could see anger in his eyes,  "Vivian, Loren told me, you aborted my damn baby, what was i supposed to do? Be happy, i couldn't even look at you in the face-- She fucking told me the day i was going to tell you i was leaving for iraq."