15 - Understandment

One Week Later 

Chris 

"Vivian what's up? You been acting weird lately." I asked when we came up to a red light. We were on our way to her parents house for a family dinner. When i think about it she's been to herself for a week. 

"I'm fine Christopher, just a little tired. Don't worry." She whispered looking out of the window. I wouldn't say she's very secretive with her feelings or thoughts because she isn't i can see that she's tense about something. 

When the light turned green i switch lanes so i could pull over to the curb. Parking the car i looked at Vivian who let out a sigh. "Why did you pull over Chris?" 

"Vivian just tell me what's up. I wanna know whats on ya mind and i don't want you stressing on something and my kids are in there." 

She smiled before looking down. She seem to always smile when i or anybody talk about the girls. I could tell she excited about being a mother. 

"It's Andre." she mumbled. Who is that? Before i could say anything she spoke again. "He's Amber husband. When i went to the mall the other day he.. spoke to me." 

Not seeing the problem. "What's the problem with him saying hel-" 

"Chris it wasn't poile. He wanted me to feel bad. I'm not a big fan of my past. I use to be wild and all that. I wasn't always the low key type of girl." 

"It doesn't matter does? It's the past after all." i said. 

She nodded, "It's the past but when he tell everybody--" She sighed not speaking anymore. 

"What happened?" I found myself asking. Hopefully she trusts me enough to tell me. 

"When i was eighteen, i started sleeping with Andre behind Amber's back. I didn't have feelings or anything towards him, i guess i just wanted to get laid... So it became regular. It last a year and a couple months after he proposed to Amber. I didn't care at all it didn't bother me. It was weird how i didn't get attached to him. But one of the months after the engagement-- i found out i was pregnant. I told Andre and he just acted as if he cared. He had somebody plan to give me a drink with a plan b already mixed in it. I ended up miscarrying. Amber then found out he was cheating but not with. He was mad because she called off the engagement and he blamed me and we promised to never tell anybody." she said all in one breathe. 

My good Vivian? having an affair with her cousin fiance? Honestly i never thought she'll do something like that. The women wouldn't even utter an curse word like 'bitch' or 'nigga'. She only say 'fuck' occasionally when you know when i'm tearin-

Not the time Chris. 

"I know he never told anybody when i'm now going on two people. You and my brother. But it doesn't matter anymore. Andre going to tell Amber and everybody else tonight." She said shrugging. 

"How about you do it before he could? be the bigger person." I said. she just shrugged before looking out the window. I sighed before pulling off.  

"I honestly don't care." she said. 

"You have to since you been thinking about it all this time."

Vivian 

We pulled up the curb of my parents house ten minutes later. Struggling on my own, Chris helped me out of the car. I was now officaily nine months and could give birth at any time of day. Yippee. Hopefully, i can keep still until the end of the month. "Damn your huge." Chris mumbled, i glared at him and punched his arm. "Damn i'm pregnant." I rephrased. He smirked before holding onto my arm as we walked up the walkway. Pulling out my keys, i unlocked the door when my brother ran down the steps- which is carpeted in some socks. One day he going to bust his ass. 

He ran up to me and hugged me. When he let go, he dapped Chris while i waddled into the kitchen where my mom was at cooking with her sister and Amber. Amber saw me come in and she gave me a smile. 

A smile.

Amber Smiling. 

is the world ending? 

Creeped out to the max, i was able to smile back. "Hey Mama, Hey auntie Re," I said as i found a stool and sat on it. My mom and aunt turned around from cooking and they smiled until their eyes found my stomach. "Awe, my baby girl is having baby girls." My mom cooed as she wiped her hands on the nearest rag, and came over to me and lifted my shirt exposing my stomach. I shivered when her hands touched it, My auntie smiled from afar. "When are you due?" she asked. "the 26." i said pulling my shirt down. she nodded before cutting up some more veggies. 

I could see the pain in my moms eyes, she remembers when she was pregnant with me and my sister, we were born on the 26, but in different month. Throughout my pregnancy and when i was told i was having twins my mom called and checked up on me like 100 times a day. She wants me to have a safe and healthily pregnancy. She doesn't want to go through what she did 25 years ago. 

 "Vivian, can i speak to you?" Amber asked, i looked at her before nodding. My mom held my hand as i got off the stool which my legs were only three inches away from the ground. When i got down i followed Amber upstairs in my old bedroom. 

I haven't been in this room for a minute. Couple months maybe, way before i got pregnant i know that. 

"What's up Amber?" i said, this is the longest she went without saying something mean. 

"Me and Andre getting a divorce." she said. I looked at her with my eyes widen. 

"What why? After all he did to get you back?" 

"im not happy Vivian... But that's not why i ask you to come up here." 

"So..." 

"I forgive you." 

"Forgive me for what?" Sometimes i the most confused person on earth. 

"I knew about the affair, with you and Andre when you were 19, I knew when i found your underwear, Vivian your not the wisest person, you still got your name in your panties." she laughed. 

I took a deep breath, So she already knew? "Look Amber, I'm sorry for doing that.. i was just naive." 

"I understand, And Andre isn't going to say anything to anybody. I already confronted him about that. So this will stay between us?"

"Yeah." 

We both hugged and smiled. The reason why she was so mean to me was for another conversation, I'm hungry as hell. We went downstairs for dinner together talking and laughing earning a few odd looks from my parents,brothers,and Chris. Since Andre didn't come, Amber sat next to me. After the odd look festival was over, everybody acted like a family. 

__

HORRIBLE CHAPTER. IM SO SORRY. I FEEL  BAD. >.< lol. But I'm done with projects and i graduate Wednesday. That nigga writers block tryna fuck with a real bitch. :/ but i'll update soon. I guess this was a filter. >.< 

vote and comment . 

- kennedy