I'll Be Complete

[A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not posting yesterday. I wish I could have done something yesterday, but I didn't feel like doing it. For those of you who guessed Hamilton as the influence for the previous chapter, you're right! Virtual (nonexistent) Fernal plushies to all of you! Anyways, today's chapter is going to be a little slower, at least at the start, and so you're going to have to deal with that, I guess.]

"So...you're the Delta? You're so young." Arielle comments, and I nod. We're walking through the Banner, which is on its way to Cape Elizabeth, Maine. The other three warships are freeing the rest of the US on their way to...wherever they're going. We've freed eight of the nine camps in Maine, and this is the last stronghold in upper New England.

"Yeah. I guess it just sort of...happened?" I shrug. "I just...sort of became leader because I knew...stuff." I grin sort of nervously.

I probably should explain why I'm suddenly acting a lot more nervous than I was while fighting.

Fighting's different than talking with people. Talking is a lot more harder for me, at least. Mostly because I don't like people. Or at least, I don't like to interact with them. Not to mention Arielle and Michael are Arielle and Michael. And its Michael Fischer.

The Michael Fischer.

If you weren't on YouTube recently, I guess you wouldn't know him, but he's a huge name in gaming. Micaplier. He and his buddies Jakesepticeye, ZapPieDie, AngerGamePlayer, and a couple others (Arielle's in the group but her name isn't as big as the others; I'm not even sure she has a YouTube channel but she might've deleted it because people ship Jakesepticeye and Micaplier WAY too much despite the fact they're both straight) are some of the top gamers in the world. Judging by the fact every single one of them hasn't posted (I know it sounds weird, but they would've posted something or at the very least tried to if they had the chance) since this all began, they're either dead or captured. Because YouTube still exists, and people still post on it (we use it to teach the younger kids sometimes). But yeah, Michael's a really important person. He's saved people's lives, probably without realizing it (do these guys even realize how important they are to people sometimes? I have friends who wouldn't be around if it wasn't for them). Having him alive...well, I guess it sounds like I'm one of those creepy fangirls, but it's really important.

"That's...it's incredible what you've managed to do since...since all this started." Michael points out, and I grin at him.

"Thanks. It hasn't been easy, but I guess that's sort of going to come with trying to keep hold of what's left of normalness. Especially when you're dealing with psychopathic monsters like these ones." I pause and glance into the planning room. Jace is sleeping on the table face-down, surrounded by coffee cups, and I roll my eyes. "We should arrive at Cape Elizabeth by tomorrow. If I'm right, that's where they'll have Evan. They seem to have taken most people back to where they were born." I pause, remembering the news from Timothy. He's not here--neither are Dawn, Amber, Leilani, Marc, or Alex. They all went with the other warships. He managed to go to Grandma's hometown in Kentucky.

She wasn't there.

Neither was Papa.

The others are too busy to have us waste their time with our own little mission of finding our families, considering they're either working on taking care of their own or finding them in the first place. Besides, we can find them ourselves. Mom and Dad and Andrew... I shake my head and realize Arielle and Michael are watching my curiously.

"I'M AWAKE!" Jace snorts and flails around, knocking about three of the coffee cups onto the table. The other people in the room who were letting him sleep glance over and smile, obviously amused. That's when I notice someone's drawn on the side of his face, and Arielle and I share an amused look while Michael stifles a laugh.