3.

Connor met with Jared after school in the back parking lot.
"Hey Connor!" Jared said, smiling widely.
"Hey Jared." Connor was nervous. No. Connor was terrified.
"You okay, Connor?" Jared asked; Connor thought for a second about how Jared was the only person who asked him that question.
"I'm okay. I'm just tired." He told Jared, he wondered if he believed him (he didn't).
"Oh." Jared responded. Connor didn't want him to see through him. Not yet. "Do you see color, Jared?" he asked before he could stop himself.
"Oh," Jared said again, "why?" he asked. Connor thought he fucked up. He was terrified.
"I'm just... curious," he said, praying Jared didn't know.
"Only if you tell me if you can." Jared responded. Connor noticed the nervousness in his voice.
"Oh... okay... y-you first." Connor stuttered, but he pushed his mistake aside. "I... I can see color," Jared said, nervously. He was staring at the ground. Connor stared at the ground, too. He couldn't remember what the color of the sidewalk was called.
"I can see color, too." Connor told Jared. Before he could think, "What is your favorite color?" he asked.
"Blue." Jared said, "What is yours?" he asked the taller boy, looking up to him. Connor couldn't see that, though. He was still mesmerised by the sidewalk.
"I don't know the names of the colors yet..." Connor admitted, he was embarrassed. He hoped Jared couldn't tell.
"How long have you been able to see color?" Jared questioned. Connor was still looking at the ground. He didn't want to answer the question. He wanted to pretend like none of this was happening.
"Since this morning." Connor looked up, finally. He looked into Jared's eyes. He opened his mouth to comment before Jared could even respond to his previous comment, "Your eyes have multiple colors..."
"It's called hazel." Jared smiled and blushed. "Your eyes are blue." That one made Connor smile and blush.
"Like your favorite color?" He asked, Jared's smile widened a bit.
"Yeah." Jared admitted. "Who did you see that caused you to see color?" Connor panicked a bit. He thought about telling Jared, he couldn't. Could he? "Alana." He said without much thought, "Alana Beck."
"Oh. That's cool. Hey, I need to go. My mom is waiting-"
"It was you, Jared." Connor interrupted. But Jared didn't say anything. He waited for a second.
"I'll text you... Okay?" Jared turned and walked away. Connor wanted to cry.